GoLive CS2 Mac - Centering a dropdown menu and the menu items still lining up correctly

GoLive CS2 Mac - Centering a dropdown menu and the menu items still lining up correctly

Post by Jon_All.. » Sat, 15 Jul 2006 06:07:07

HELP. I've built a straight forward dropdown menu using a series of layers that are made visable on rollover etc. I've saved the menu as a component and used it on the pages of the site.

I want the pages to be centered and move when the frame is resized. BUT, when I rollover the menu the layers reveal in the wrong place - they don't follow the top layer of the menu, they continue to align left. I've tried using the 'Inherit' in the CSS but the layers seem to stack up like a totem pole - not quite the effect I was after.

Is the way to go to build the page then wrap the whole page with a div tag? Any help very welcome. Thanks in advance.

1. DWMX dropdown menu library items and altered code

I recently had a problem with library items that I've not had before using DWMX. I have created a photos section in a website which I update periodically. Each section has two dropdown menus: one for navigating between sections, one for navigating within that section.

The problem that I've been having is that when I insert a library item, which consists of one dropdown menu, the link structure is changed from the originating library item. A link that starts off as
<option value="../story/story_photos_apg120602.html"> becomes
<option value="/story/story_photos_apg120602.html"> when inserted into the document. I've been updating this site for a while and this is the first time I've encountered this. It has affected the entire section, consisting of hundreds of pages.

In addition, when I preview these pages in a browser such as IE 5.2.2, the dropdown menu works the first time and does not work after navigating to another page.

Any insight would be most helpful.

2. Coverign up blurred patched - Film Grain or Noise ?

3. Dropdown menu items

4. Export for film

5. Help with linking items from a dropdown menu

6. Forms Abilities in Acrobat 6 Pro?

7. Missing preferences, tool bars, menu items after receiving CS3 file while I have CS2

8. Centering Open Browser Window

9. CS2 pull down menu items suddenly Red?

10. Golive CS 1 using Co-aothur CS2

11. Mac help needed: Flash movie covering dropdown menu

12. Dropdown menu in layer Bug on IE5/mac

13. Menu Items do not appear under Window in Illustrator 9.0.2 on Mac OS X