Int J of Foundations of Computer Science

Int J of Foundations of Computer Science

Post by YH Kh » Sat, 27 Dec 2003 11:08:28

International Journal of Foundations of Computer Science
Vol. 14, No. 6 (December 2003)

View table-of-contents and abstracts at
http://www.worldscinet.com/ijfcs.html

Contents:

Special Issue
Selected Papers from CIAA2002

Preface
Jean-Marc Champarnaud And Denis Maurel

Edit-Distance Of Weighted Automata: General Definitions And Algorithms
Mehryar Mohri

Finitely Subsequential Transducers
Cyril Allauzen And Mehryar Mohri

Counting The Number Of Minimal Dfca Obtained By Merging States
Cezar Campeanu And Andrei Paun

A Formal Study Of Practical Regular Expressions
Cezar Campeanu, Kai Salomaa And Sheng Yu

Linear-Time Prime Decomposition Of Regular Prefix Codes
Jurek Czyzowicz, Wojciech Fraczak, Andrzej Pelc And Wojciech Rytter

Simulation Of Feedback-Free Circuits In The Algebra Of Transients
Mihaela Gheorghiu And Janusz Brzozowski

Virtual Operations On Virtual Networks: The Priority Union
Franck Guingne, Florent Nicart, Jean-Marc Champarnaud, Lauri
Karttunen, Tamas Gaal And Andre Kempe

A Time And Space Efficient Algorithm For Minimizing Cover Automata For
Finite Languages
Heiko Korner

Nondeterministic Descriptional Complexity Of Regular Languages
Markus Holzer And Martin Kutrib

Efficient Automaton-Based Recognition For Linear Conjunctive Languages
Alexander Okhotin

Reduced Power Automata And Sofic Systems
Klaus Sutner

Regular Papers

Efficient Algorithms For Selection And Sorting Of Large Distributed
Files On De Bruijn And Hypercube Structures
David S. L. Wei, Sanguthevar Rajasekaran, Kshirasagar Naik and Sy-yen
Kuo

A General Pram Simulation Scheme For Clustered Machines
Carlo Fantozzi, Andrea Pietracaprina And Geppino Pucci

Double Hashing With Multiple Passbits
Paul M. Martini and Walter A. Burkhard

For more information, go to http://www.worldscinet.com/ijfcs.html

1. Computers: The New Generation (was: Re: Free Software Foundation)

Better make sure that it has full error correction !

On a Sun 3, I believe that you can put 28 Mbytes of mem, at which time
you should expect a parity error to be detected about once a month,
with current technology. Thus 300 Megabytes will get a soft error every
three days or so (bit of a pain !). I understand that Sun 4s will have error
*correction* hardware so that they can correct single bit (?) errors,
and thus go to larger memories without crashing too often.

Does anyone know about soft failure modes of DRAMs ? How likely
is it to find double bit errors ? With denser and denser memory chips,
one might expect that one day soon, background alpha particles will be
able to flip several adjacent bits.

By the way, my dream machine would have much more than 300 M ! Some
people here have swap discs in the 100s of M on their lispms, and
still could use more ! Also I don't know why you would have a conventional
disc to back up your DRAM. I would trust my (EC) memory more than
a disc, but do conventional type backups on an Optical WORM disc
now and then.

Neil/.

2. comp.periphs.scsi FAQ part 2 of 2

3. DRam errors (was Re: Computers: The New Generation (was: Re: Free Software Foundation))

4. MR Brownstone

5. Current Science: Special Section on Computational Science

6. TOP on 2.2, ported??

7. Lectureship positions in Computer Science, UK

8. life planner

9. Lectureship in Computer Science, High Performance Computing reserach axis