9 bit serial

Post by regni.. » Sat, 23 Nov 1996 04:00:00

I want to send 9 bit serial using the UART in a PC.  I would farkle the
parity as needed to set or reset the 9th bit.  How would you do this under
the constraints of Win95?  Do I need a modified API or a special DLL or
driver thingy?  I need any old program that uses the port to think there
is nothing amiss.

(I want to use the 9 bit wakeup ability in many micros toaday.)

9 bit serial

Post by Robert Hanse » Mon, 25 Nov 1996 04:00:00

> I want to send 9 bit serial using the UART in a PC.  I would farkle the
> parity as needed to set or reset the 9th bit.  How would you do this under
> the constraints of Win95?  Do I need a modified API or a special DLL or
> driver thingy?  I need any old program that uses the port to think there
> is nothing amiss.

> (I want to use the 9 bit wakeup ability in many micros toaday.)

You need to set Port (Base+3 ((LC Register)) to:

        8 Bits, Parity Enable = 1, Even Parity Select = 1.

        Then Set the Stick Parity Bit = 1 for the ninth bit.

I caution you though, to besure that the byte is entirely tranmitted
from the Shift Register before changing this bit.  Notice that is the
Shift Register, not the Hold register.

Hope this helps,

Bob H.

1. Help!! Bit serial Baugh-Wooley multiplier

Hi Guys,

Can anybody show me ( or point me toward a reference)how does a bit
serial Baugh-Wooley multiplier work??? I have a book which describes an
array multiplier (bit parallel) based on Baugh-Wooley algorithm. I
wanna know how does a bit serial one work?

Thanks a lot!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. X Wavelet Packet Lab available by ftp

3. Bit Serial Multipiler

4. manually selecting loading mode

5. Bit Serial Arithmetic De-mystified

6. Why all the hype?

7. Help!!!! Bit serial Baugh-Wooley multiplier

8. Sound Help needed..

9. Bit serial aithmetic.

10. Bit Serial Multiply

11. : Pipelined Bit-serial multiplier with word-length delay?

12. Help: msb first bit-serial multiply reference needed

13. Bit-serial arithmetic?