How to generate a CSA tree?

Post by Sleep Mod » Tue, 13 Jan 2004 17:19:01

Hi all,

I am trying to design a 16-bit integer multiplier in VHDL and I want to use
a Carry-Save-Adder (CSA) tree for generating the interim subproducts
and -then- with an additional CPA (or other) adder to add them to the final
32-bit product; i.e. I want to build a full-tree multiplier.

My question is whether there is some automatic (core) generator for the
CSA-tree interconnections since it is rather complicated to do it by hand...
If not, is there any fast method of drawing it manually (pen-and-paper) so
that I can translate it to VHDL later on?

Thanks in advance guys,
Chris

1. CSA and UL Approvals

the controller board need to be CSA/UL approved if it runs off a battery
source.

What would cause the controller board to be in need of CSA/UL approvals.

Thanks,
Richard.

Please remove _remove_ from email address.

2. Borders & Monograms

3. FCC/CSA legal questions

4. printing images using word 2000?

5. Solid state relays and CSA/UL approval

6. PPP Server Problem

7. Wallace Tree and 4-2 Compressor

8. merging a ps figure

9. Tree Multipliers

10. "implementation of mplrs using wallace trees,counters,compressors

11. Wallace Trees

12. manchester carry tree

13. Wallace Tree Info