WTB: Linker/locater for 386EX project - new or surplus!

WTB: Linker/locater for 386EX project - new or surplus!

Post by John Strupa » Thu, 29 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Looking for new or used software from Pharlap,SSI etc. that is surplus
to your requirements.

I do not want just a copy, but to transfer registration of the software.
I don't need the latest version as I'm looking for a low cost entry into
using the Watcom, Borland or MS compilers!

Email info and asking price.

John

J. Strupat Technologies Ltd.
London ON
CANADA

WTB: Linker/locater for 386EX project - new or surplus!

Post by Dave Hans » Thu, 29 Apr 1999 04:00:00

On Wed, 28 Apr 1999 12:25:13 GMT, John Strupat

>Looking for new or used software from Pharlap,SSI etc. that is surplus
>to your requirements.

>I do not want just a copy, but to transfer registration of the software.
>I don't need the latest version as I'm looking for a low cost entry into
>using the Watcom, Borland or MS compilers!

I've use both Phar Laps's and SSI's linker/locators, and they are fine
products.  You can get SSI's product from Beacon, but I don't think
Phar Lap sells Linkloc as a separate product anymore.

If you are looking for low cost, see John Fine's jloc at
http://www.erols.com/johnfine/  It's free, but if you use it, he wants
you to register (no cost, just let him know you're using it).

From the webpage:

jloc07.zip a linker/locator. To be used (instead of a linker) when you
need more link-time control over the placement of code and data
segments. It is useful for
linking BIOS's and other ROM based executables, bootstrap code,
operating systems, and embedded systems executables. The current
version cannot produce
output formats (such as EXE) which have load-time relocations. It can
produce COM files and flat image files. Online documentation is now
available. You will
need DPMI to run JLOC. You may need CSDPMI

Good luck,

                          -=Dave
Just my (10-010) cents
I can barely speak for myself, so I certainly can't speak for B-Tree.
Change is inevitable.  Progress is not.

Post by Jack Kle » Fri, 30 Apr 1999 04:00:00

On Wed, 28 Apr 1999 12:25:13 GMT, John Strupat

Quote:> Looking for new or used software from Pharlap,SSI etc. that is surplus
> to your requirements.

> I do not want just a copy, but to transfer registration of the software.
> I don't need the latest version as I'm looking for a low cost entry into
> using the Watcom, Borland or MS compilers!

> Email info and asking price.

> John

> J. Strupat Technologies Ltd.
> London ON
> CANADA

<Jack>

Beacon (formerly SSI) only supports Microsoft.  They do not support
Borland or Watcom.

</Jack>
--
Do not email me with questions about programming.
Post them to the appropriate newsgroup.

WTB: Linker/locater for 386EX project - new or surplus!

Post by Dave Hans » Fri, 30 Apr 1999 04:00:00

[...]

Quote:>Beacon (formerly SSI) only supports Microsoft.  They do not support
>Borland or Watcom.

Really?  I use SSI Link&Locate 386 with MetaWare, but the user's guide
includes compiler notes for using the linker with Borland, Microsoft,
Watcom, and MASM (as well as Metaware).  The restrictions for Borland
and Microsoft are nearly identical (the only difference is a warning
in Borland about using NMAKE with the IDE, and a note on how to handle
COFF files with Microsoft).

Did Beacon sabotage the product after they bought it or what? I'm
running version 2.2a.

Regards,

                          -=Dave
Just my (10-010) cents
I can barely speak for myself, so I certainly can't speak for B-Tree.
Change is inevitable.  Progress is not.

1. Hitachi HEW Linker/Locator Question

In the Hitachi HEW environment, casts and other standard library
functions are located by the linker in section P irrespective of the
section containing their invoking code.  Is there a technique for
relocating them to some other section?

Thanks,
Ken Asbury

2. C++ how to play midi-files

3. 32bit Linker-Locator (386sx)!!

4. FS: PalmPilot Pro + $150

5. Searching for Paradigm linker/locator x86

6. Unable to install SMS Client sofware on a PDC

7. linker/locator for Intel 80C186

8. C-Itoh 8510 (NCR)

9. Linker/Locater for 80x86

10. 32 Bit Linker Locator

11. Linker/Locator for Embedded X86 Work

12. Free Beta version of a 32 bit Linker and Locator

13. Seeking Linker/locater for 32bit 386