68hc11 interface parallel port device

Post by Power » Sat, 13 Sep 1997 04:00:00

        I have a QuickCam that use Computer's parallel port. Now I want
68hc11 to interface to quickcam. I think parallel port is a standard, but
how exactly it to be interface to 68hc11? need interface IC? or
considering the strobe signal? I have no idea at all. Can someone provide
some resources to me for reference?

Post by Dennis Zimmerma » Mon, 15 Sep 1997 04:00:00

>         I have a QuickCam that use Computer's parallel port. Now I want
> 68hc11 to interface to quickcam. I think parallel port is a standard, but
> how exactly it to be interface to 68hc11? need interface IC? or
> considering the strobe signal? I have no idea at all. Can someone provide
> some resources to me for reference?

PowerPc,
   Don't have a lot of time to explain, but the chips are a 7407
inverter, and 74374 flip flop.  You might want to get "Parallel Port
Complete" by Jan Axelson for details.

Dennis,

Post by john » Wed, 17 Sep 1997 04:00:00

> >         I have a QuickCam that use Computer's parallel port. Now I want
> > 68hc11 to interface to quickcam. I think parallel port is a standard, but
> > how exactly it to be interface to 68hc11? need interface IC? or
> > considering the strobe signal? I have no idea at all. Can someone provide
> > some resources to me for reference?

> PowerPc,
>    Don't have a lot of time to explain, but the chips are a 7407
> inverter, and 74374 flip flop.  You might want to get "Parallel Port
> Complete" by Jan Axelson for details.

> Dennis,

You could do it with simple buffering. If you restrict your printer
cable length, you could do it without buffering. Just route the strobe,
ack, and data lines directly to the hc11 through some 20ohm resistors
(atleast provides some protection). The rest you can do in software. The
signals that a printer port consist are (in general):
  8 data lines (bi-directional for newer ports)
  strobe (pulse it when your data is valid)
  ack (pulses when the printer has the data-sometimes gets routed to a
       interupt)
  misc (like paper out, error etc).
--
Remove [no-spam] for email replies.

1. PIC Parallel Slave Port to/from PC parallel port

Greetings All,

I would like to try to build a byte-wide bidirectional interface between a a pic
16f877 parallel slave port and a PC printer port capable of a couple hundred
Kbytes/sec.

Are there any dll's, add-ins or whatever that would allow me to communicate
bidirectionally with the parallel port in a way similar to a COM port in Visual
C++ or Visual Basic?

Are there any examples of this sort of interface you know of?

Thanks In Advance,
 Daniel Simon

2. Customizing saved-msgs prompt in .pinerc?

3. HOWTO: connect a 3.3V device to the parallel PC port ??

4. zero/negative zero??

5. Devices with parallel slave port or alike

6. multiple logons

7. more devices for standart serial or parallel PC port

8. What is object oriented programming methodology?

9. Parallel Port interface Tape Backup: Request

10. Pic/Parallel Slave Port interface to PC

11. WinNT Parallel Port Utilities for SPI interface and cleap logic analyzer?

12. SPI interface with PC parallel or serial port

13. Interfacing an LCD to a computer parallel port