Missubishi's (M37732S4BF)

Post by Nameir Ismei » Mon, 11 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Hi, can somebody tell me how can I get more information (S/W mainly) of
Missubishi's 16 bit micro-controller (M37732S4BF). I am interested in
A/D and D/A , temparture sensor, etc.. I would very much apprciate your
help. Thanks a lot in advanced.
Regards .. Nameir

Missubishi's (M37732S4BF)

Post by Mark Schul » Sun, 17 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi, can somebody tell me how can I get more information (S/W mainly) of
>Missubishi's 16 bit micro-controller (M37732S4BF). I am interested in
>A/D and D/A , temparture sensor, etc.. I would very much apprciate your
>help. Thanks a lot in advanced.
>Regards .. Nameir

I worked on a project based on the M37702 a few years back - is the
part you mention a successor to this one?  I was not aware that a
M377_32_ existed.

I have the User & SW manual for the 37702, so I can answer any
specific questions you might have.  Based on my own experience,
getting data books from Mitsubishi can be something of a challenge.
I've done a bit of searching on the web and have not found a
Mitsubishi site that covers their semiconductor products in any
detail.  If you want to obtain info on their products you will most
likely have to do so through a rep or distributor.

Best Regards,
  Mark Schultz

1. Core (was Re: I need a new 'hard drive'/ 'CPU')

I'm sure some hardware designer at IBM would be pleased to hear this but being a software man,
I don't know who he/she is. Off the top of my head, all I can say is thatIBM produces general
purpose systems, not ones tuned purely for compute intensive applications. Most super computer
vendors seem to have gone out of business because they can't find enough customers willing to
pay the price premium that would be required for such a CPU to primary memory bandwidth.

If you take a look at what it takes to deliver 100 Megaflops on multiplication of numbers in
IEEE floating point format, assuming your code is entirely in cache, you need two incoming
streams of 800 MB/sec and one outgoing stream of 800 MB/sec. That's 2.4 GB/sec. I'm not a
hardware expert, but I suspect that it would be very expensive to deliver a memory and bus
system with ten times that throughput. On a 256 byte bus, that would require 100 million bus
transactions per second, which doesn't seem altogether infeasible, but then I'm a layperson in
this area. Find me a multi-billion dollar market and I'll try to have IBM deliver such a
computer to your door :-)

2. How are hosts/lmhosts files "found" by Windows?

3. 'Tall, thin' versus 'short, fat' architects/designers

4. searching for UNCLE STINKY font

5. Bus comparisons and "Intel's P6 'Commodity' Server Push'

6. Redirecting domains within FP XP

7. 'conservative' GC == 'risky' GC

8. DateTime as Parameter

9. 'big endian' and 'little endian' - first usage for computer

10. chips for 'cardbus' to 'IDE' adapter

11. 'reference architecture' and 'standard design'