DASD Performance & Capacity Planning/Dallas, TX

DASD Performance & Capacity Planning/Dallas, TX

Post by ICCMfor » Thu, 29 Jan 1998 04:00:00

"DASD Performance and Capacity Planning"

4.5-Day Seminar

May 4 - 8, 1998 / Dallas, TX

Part of the Spring Seminar Series Presented by:
Institute for Computer Capacity Management (ICCM), a Demand Technology Company
http://www.demandtech.com

---------------------------
Intended Audience:
---------------------------
System programmers, performance analysts, capacity planners, DASD storage
personnel and others with direct or indirect responsibility for DASD or for
performance of the critical I/O subsystem.
----------------------
About the class:
----------------------
This performance and planning seminar is valuable for technical staff and
managers involved in DASD performance-related activities, illustrated using
examples from the MVS operating system.

In the class, the following topics are discussed at length: DASD architecture;
DASD and cache operations, including DASD Fast Write, concurrent copy,
sequential striping, synchronous and asynchronous oper-ations, and dynamic
caching; characteristics of IBM and non-IBM DASD controllers and devices; new
technology (e.g., Symmetrix, IBM RVA, RAMAC, etc.); DASD performance (cached
and uncached); and capacity planning.

Seminar activities include many hands-on intensive, detailed, numerical case
studies involving disk performance modeling, shared DASD, cached controllers,
channel and controller bottlenecks, and other frequently encountered problems
where participants analyze disk response time using RMF and other tools.

--------------------
The Instructor:
--------------------
For complete information on our instructor, Tom Beretvas, please visit our
Website at http//www.demandtech.com.

Hotel Accommodations and Conference Site:
For complete hotel information, please see our Website on
http//www.demandtech.com.

----------------------------------
Registration Information:
----------------------------------
For complete registration information, please see our Website on
http//www.demandtech.com.

-------------------
Mail or Fax to:
-------------------
Institute for Computer Capacity Management, a Demand Technology company.
1020 Eighth Avenue South, Suite 6, Naples, FL  34102-6959
Phone:  (941) 261-8945      FAX:  (941) 261-5456

1. DASD Performance & Capacity Planning/Dallas, TX

[...]

2. Recreating WPS "Printers" object.

3. DASD Performance & Capacity Planning

4. Prerelease Mac Conduits: Restore vs. Install

5. 1/6 New Telco ISP Access Charged

6. Performance Analysis & Capacity Planning for Distributed Open Systems

7. Does it exist?????????????????????

8. 18th annual Performance & Capacity Mgmt. conference

9. UNIX Capacity Planning Clas 10/97

10. Capacity Planning for Distributed Open Systems

11. Capacity Planning Class - May 2001

12. UNIX Capacity Planning workshop