Math Functions, I remember those!!!

Post by K.R. Lewi » Fri, 02 Aug 1996 04:00:00

> Does anyone know where I can find/buy the code for the following math
> functions: COSH,SINH,ACOSH,ASINH,EXP,LOG Am using a Z80 and assembly, but
> I could probably convert any 8 bit code if need be.

> Thanks

Jack,

Years ago, too many to confess here and now, I worked with a fellow
who was somewhat of a "Math Wizard" at a little outfit called
"Balance Technolgy."

Practically everything I learned about how things work at the
bits-n-bytes level, floating point math, guard bits, rounding
error, lookup tables, approximation...hell everything:
I learned while working with Ron Anderson.

Ron was solely responsible for starting the FLEX User's Group and
a newsletter that eventually became the 68' Micro Journal (when
formally published by another group.)

I am sure (because I saw his ba*t storage area) that Ron
does NOT throw anything away - and he could very well help you.

Here is his 'current' telephone & address listing from the
Internet service called "Switchboard"

Anderson, Ronald W...
3540 Sturbridge Ct...Ann Arbor, MI 48105-2839
Phone: (313)995-1636

Best of luck.

Randy Lewis, RTMX Incorporated

http://www.veryComputer.com/

1. Single-Precision C math functions

Please, can anyoune let me know where I can find a package of
'single-precision' math functions?
More, are they really faster than the double-precision ones?

I am writing a program that, due to the presence of several nested
iterations, is quite slow. I could trade double-precision math for speed,
but, working with MS-Visual C++ 6.0, i discovered that the so-called
single-precision functions are merely casts of the double precision
ones. i.e. of the kind:

float funcf(float x) {return (float)funcd((double)x);}

WORSE THAN DIRECTLY CALLING THE DOUBLE PRECISION FUNC. Thank you Microsoft!

Thank you,
Luciano

2. WTB: Qty of 4/470 or 670's

3. Evaluating math function

4. Traxdata CDRW 2260 not auto-detected by win98

5. Need Algorithms or Code for Math functions()

6. ordering question

7. Computation of math functions

8. Converting sounds CPC -> PC

9. Math Functions

10. Z-80 math functions

11. 8051 Trig and Math Functions

12. When the ad says "do the math" what does the math??

13. costs of indirect function calls vs. direct function calls