Experiences with DECmpp12000/MasPar MP-1

Experiences with DECmpp12000/MasPar MP-1

Post by Subbarao Palachar » Thu, 01 Oct 1992 00:05:52

We might be buying a DECmpp 12000 or MasPar MP-1 in the near future. I
have very little experince in parallel computing. So I would
appreciate if the users of these machines can send me their
experiences (comments). Some of the issues we are interested -

        What is a good system configuration - no. of pe's, memory,
                front end machine etc.?
        How easy/difficult is it to program? How good are the compilers in
                parallelizing a serial code? Any comments on the image
                processing and math libraries are also welcome.
        What kind of sustained performance do you get?
        How much did you pay for the complete system?

Any other comments are also appreciated.

thanx in advance
paparao

Dr. Paparao Palacharla
Photonic Systems, IIT           |       Smail: Building M-50, Montreal Road
National Research Council       |       Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1A 0R6

Fax:   613-952-0215             |       Home telephone : 613-731-2470

1. Looking for Maspar and Meiko info

I would appreciate receiving contact info (www, email, telephone number, and
address, etc.) of the marketing/technical depts of Maspar and Meiko.

BTW, how are these two company doing financially? There's an article in recent
issue of Computer lamenting the shrinking parallel market.

Cheers.

2. Active Directory

3. Need info on MasPar & CM-5 parallel machines

4. Need Help: Fatal Exception OE

5. MasPar 2D grid switch

6. Problem with 6.3 demos on Netscape 4.75

7. pSOS pHILE experiences, Flash Media Manager experiences

8. Looking for disk storage trays for Intel SC450NX MP Server System

9. Storage capability Of a Cray Y-MP M98

10. MP cost effectiveness

11. Intel/AMD MP Protocol Specification

12. MP benchmarking?