Current Status of EISA Specification?

Post by David Feust » Mon, 22 Jul 1991 02:34:43

I was told today by a saleman that there are currently two
incompatible EISA specifications and that EISA designs should
therefore still be avoided. Comments, anyone?
--
David Feustel, 1930 Curdes Ave, Fort Wayne, IN 46805, (219) 482-9631

Vote Jay Rockefeller for President in '92.

Post by Wm E Davidsen » Thu, 25 Jul 1991 04:08:20

| I was told today by a saleman that there are currently two
| incompatible EISA specifications and that EISA designs should
| therefore still be avoided. Comments, anyone?

  Did he sell a competing bus, by any chance?

  We haven't seen any evidence that they should be avoided other than cost.
--

  GE Corp R&D Center, Information Systems Operation, tech support group
  Moderator comp.binaries.ibm.pc and 386-users digest.

Post by mark willia » Fri, 26 Jul 1991 00:47:40

* I was told today by a saleman that there are currently two
* incompatible EISA specifications and that EISA designs should
* therefore still be avoided. Comments, anyone?
* --
* David Feustel, 1930 Curdes Ave, Fort Wayne, IN 46805, (219) 482-9631

Balderdash!  EISA has been solid and unchanged for two years.  Intel
made the only chipset to support it and enforced a defacto standard.
The EISA spec can be bought from BCPR Services.

Salesmen should not be relied as sources for technical information,
with rare exceptions.

1. Where to get EISA spec (was Re: Current Status of EISA Specification?

----------

BCPR Services, Inc.
1201 New York Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20005
Voice (202) 962-8349
FAX   (202) 962-8343

I believe the going rate is $450 US for a multi (5) copy package and
right to reproduce, and $150 US for a single copy no right to reproduce.
But don't quote me on the prices or copy capabilities.

Glen -not speaking for my employer- R

2. From where can I ftp the latest system, finder, etc?

3. Current Status of Viking

4. Priority of processes

5. ANDF, current status??

6. adding pages

7. Medical Information Bus (MIB) current status

8. Looking for ISA,EISA,VESA,PCI specifications

9. EISA specification distributor ?

10. port current specifications of 80C186EC

11. Integer CPU status flags - NZVC

12. How to check raid status from application???