SOS : 4-bit binary divider circuit PLEASE!!!!!!!

Post by Mike Cowlisha » Mon, 05 Jan 2004 23:29:39

> John Crighton  typed:

>> Here is a divider using pots.
>> http://w1.859.telia.com/~u85920178/index.htm
>> look under "useful circuits"  then "simplist computer"

> I can't find those links on the site.

It has weird navigation.  I found it by right-click/open in new window
on 'Projects' link near the top.   Not obvious...

mfc

SOS : 4-bit binary divider circuit PLEASE!!!!!!!

Post by Wing Fong Won » Tue, 06 Jan 2004 22:26:52

Quote:>>If I were your prof, and I caught you blatantly trying to get others to do your
>>thinking for you, I'd make you design it using nothing but BC547's, resistors
>>and diodes. That way you might l-e-a-r-n something. That is why you are at uni?

> Why would he need diodes?

> Wouter van Ooijen

> -- ------------------------------------
> http://www.voti.nl
> PICmicro chips, programmers, consulting

That would be diode transitor resistor logic, stuff from 1st year electronic
engineering. Diode and resistors to make and gates and transitor invertors.
--
Wing Wong.
Webpage: http://wing.ucc.asn.au

Post by Ken Taylo » Wed, 07 Jan 2004 04:27:33

> >>If I were your prof, and I caught you blatantly trying to get others to
do your
> >>thinking for you, I'd make you design it using nothing but BC547's,
resistors
> >>and diodes. That way you might l-e-a-r-n something. That is why you are
at uni?

> > Why would he need diodes?

> > Wouter van Ooijen

> > -- ------------------------------------
> > http://www.voti.nl
> > PICmicro chips, programmers, consulting

> That would be diode transitor resistor logic, stuff from 1st year
electronic
> engineering. Diode and resistors to make and gates and transitor
invertors.
> --
> Wing Wong.
> Webpage: http://wing.ucc.asn.au

You still don't need the diodes - it's wired-or logic.

Ken

SOS : 4-bit binary divider circuit PLEASE!!!!!!!

*bob, you are showing your age*

--
--Ray Andraka, P.E.
401/884-7930     Fax 401/884-7950

http://www.andraka.com

                                          -Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Post by Marlbo » Wed, 07 Jan 2004 07:14:41

> Can anyone send me a 4-bit binary divider circuit in this email :

> am late.
> I have to make this circuit only with NAND gates.

> PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!!

> Thanks a lot

divider? I think you've already known how to build  multiplier... make
one then turn it up side down, and voila you have divider.

Post by YD » Wed, 07 Jan 2004 11:10:30

>do your
>resistors
>at uni?

>> > Why would he need diodes?

>> > Wouter van Ooijen

>> > -- ------------------------------------
>> > http://www.voti.nl
>> > PICmicro chips, programmers, consulting

>> That would be diode transitor resistor logic, stuff from 1st year
>electronic
>> engineering. Diode and resistors to make and gates and transitor
>invertors.
>> --
>> Wing Wong.
>> Webpage: http://wing.ucc.asn.au

>You still don't need the diodes - it's wired-or logic.

>Ken

But the OP wanted to use only NAND gates. Oh well, an inverter on each
input will turn an OR to a NAND, and as we're already spending
transistors by the bucket might as well go for it.

- YD.

--
Remove HAT if replying by mail.

Post by Paul Burk » Wed, 07 Jan 2004 17:13:44

> But the OP wanted to use only NAND gates. Oh well, an inverter on each
> input will turn an OR to a NAND, and as we're already spending
> transistors by the bucket might as well go for it.

Easier than that, just define Vcc(ish) as 0 and ground(ish) as 1.

Paul Burke

Post by Bob Stephen » Wed, 07 Jan 2004 23:53:50

>> But the OP wanted to use only NAND gates. Oh well, an inverter on each
>> input will turn an OR to a NAND, and as we're already spending
>> transistors by the bucket might as well go for it.

> Easier than that, just define Vcc(ish) as 0 and ground(ish) as 1.

> Paul Burke

Most of the DTL logic I worked with was "Negative NAND" logic. 0V = logic
0, -6V = logic 1.

Bob