Bit Serial Multiply

Post by Samir Marc Falak » Mon, 26 May 1997 04:00:00

Hi all,

Could anyone point me to a source for a straightforeward algorithm
for bit serial multiply (flow chart fo example).  I designed a bit
serial multiplier (using right-shifts and adds which works great (I
believe it's called Booths algorithm but not sure).  I would like to
use a similiar algorithm for division whereby I would be able to share
building blocks.  My objective is to minimize the surface of an
arithmetic unit in an ASIC project.  Any alternative suggestions are
welcome and will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Sam Falaki

Bit Serial Multiply

Post by Samir Marc Falak » Fri, 30 May 1997 04:00:00

> Hi all,

> Could anyone point me to a source for a straightforeward algorithm
> for bit serial multiply (flow chart fo example).  I designed a bit
> serial multiplier (using right-shifts and adds which works great (I
> believe it's called Booths algorithm but not sure).  I would like to
> use a similiar algorithm for division whereby I would be able to share
> building blocks.  My objective is to minimize the surface of an
> arithmetic unit in an ASIC project.  Any alternative suggestions are
> welcome and will be greatly appreciated.

> Regards,

> Sam Falaki

Sorry for the mistake (typing before I think), I'm looking for a
BIT SERIAL DIVIDE ALGORITHM

1. Help: msb first bit-serial multiply reference needed

I am trying to find reference(s) on the design of a most-significant-bit-
first bit-serial (really parallel serial) multiplier. I was told
someone from Hughes or from TRW (or both) have published a design 10 years ago.
Could someone knowledgable help me ? Thanks in advance.

Shih-Lien

2. Boca 14.4 ext going on hook?

3. 64 bit multiply-accumulate

4. win2k prof or win2k server?

5. 80386 32-Bit Multiply Problems?

6. Unidentified IIe Card !!!

7. 8x16 Bit unsigned multiply routine for 8051?

8. Direct Client Requirement :: Programmer/Analyst with Pharma :: 6+ Months :: Norristown, PA DD

9. Multiplying two 16-bit numbers on 68HC11e2

10. 24-bit/16-bit divide routine for 8-bit processor

11. Help!! Bit serial Baugh-Wooley multiplier

12. Bit Serial Multipiler

13. Bit Serial Arithmetic De-mystified