RCS system or controling of files in a project

RCS system or controling of files in a project

Post by Gerald Mahe » Tue, 18 Aug 1998 04:00:00

What is the best RCS system for a 'C' project for
the Keil compiler ?

From a unix system there is the command line version
RCS. Is there GUI version that is easy to use ?

Gerald Maher

RCS system or controling of files in a project

Post by Paul E. Bennet » Tue, 18 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> What is the best RCS system for a 'C' project for
> the Keil compiler ?

> From a unix system there is the command line version
> RCS. Is there GUI version that is easy to use ?

More than just RCS (but based on that anyway) are the products from MKS.

  MKS Source Integrity is a RCS system with GUI interface that will run
  under MS Windows products. I don't know if they have Unix versions.

  MKS Track Integrity is a problem reporting and tracking product that
  closely integrates with SI to form a complete Configuraion Management
  System.

       See http://www.mks.com/

--

Transport Control Technology Ltd.   <http://www.tcontec.demon.co.uk/>

Going Forth Safely

Post by Paul Jansse » Tue, 18 Aug 1998 04:00:00

?

> What is the best RCS system for a 'C' project for
> the Keil compiler ?

> From a unix system there is the command line version
> RCS. Is there GUI version that is easy to use ?

> Gerald Maher

CVS comes free and has a number of GUI's which support it.

Take a look at? http://www.cyclic.com/cyclic-pages/software.html .
Questions & answers on comp.software.config-mgmt? group.
?
?
?
?

RCS system or controling of files in a project

Post by Biao Sh » Wed, 19 Aug 1998 04:00:00

We are using CVS for our C++, Java, ... projects on the Solaris platform. It
meets our requirements very well, though it doesn't support the binary
files. It's also command line based.

On Solaris you could use Sun Workshop as its front end if you got the
license.  For most of other Unix platforms, you can make emacs (or xemacs,
if emacs is not GUI enough for you) as its front end.

On Win95/NT, check out JCVS (java based CVS). Someone told me it's a pretty
good client side VC software.

Cheers
Biao

>What is the best RCS system for a 'C' project for
>the Keil compiler ?

>From a unix system there is the command line version
>RCS. Is there GUI version that is easy to use ?

>Gerald Maher

RCS system or controling of files in a project

Post by Marcus Brei » Thu, 20 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Hi Gerald,

I have not observed your thread the whole time.

I use a RCS from ComponentSoftware (www.ComponentSoftware.com).
It runs under Win95/WinNT, can handle text and binary files,
it is compatible to the gnu-rcs and the single-user-version is free.

It works fine

Marcus

Post by Marc SCHAEFE » Sun, 23 Aug 1998 04:00:00

> We are using CVS for our C++, Java, ... projects on the Solaris platform. It
> meets our requirements very well, though it doesn't support the binary
> files. It's also command line based.

look for xdelta.

1. Project Source File Organization : one function per file

A current project requirement states that all source code function
definitions reside in separate files containing only a single function
definition. In the presence of many small source code functions, this
requirement seems rather inefficient. Can anyone suggest an alternative
source file organization that will facilitate finding and reusing source
code functions?

This project runs on a PDA and uses the Motorola FlexScript language that
resembles C and Visual Basic but lacks macro-processing features. This
interpreted language, which runs in a virtual machine, encourages the use of
short functions.

FlexScript includes an Integrated Development Environment whose editor does
not support tags. My development uses NT Emacs and etags, along with GNU
make.

Thank you,
Wil Blake

2. WTB: Cycle 5-CLX

3. Size of largest files/file systems?

4. Windows 2000 Professional Hangs on Shutdown

5. Suggestions? On a Good RCS-Starbase or CS-RCS?

6. SAS 8.2 equivalent of SAS 6.12 dropdown command

7. Hierarchical Hypercube Multicomp. INs

8. WTB OLDER SGI MACHINE OR SPARC WORKSTATION

9. 8150, 3270, INS info wanted..

10. I'm trying to port my program to a system that has no file system...

11. Project help: Controlling Remote Device through Internet/WAP

12. Remote Control, PIC, BASIC Stamp & 8051 Projects

13. Remote Control, PIC,8051 and Basic Stamp Projects