Read problems with Philips CDD2000 (Adaptec Direct CD + Easy CD pro)

Read problems with Philips CDD2000 (Adaptec Direct CD + Easy CD pro)

Post by marcomlo... » Mon, 28 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Hi there,

After installing Easy-CD pro and Direct CD on my PC I am experiencing
read problems if I want to use my CDD2000 as a CD-ROM player.

The problems is I can not read normal ISO 9660 and silver discs,
however my CDD2000 does read multisession discs. So when I insert a
normal CD-ROM in my CDD2000 it can not read from the device and I get
the following message on my screen:   "No access, Device connected to
the system is not working".

Please help me solve this problem

Kind regards,

Gregory Theulings

Post by deck.. » Tue, 29 Apr 1997 04:00:00

>The problems is I can not read normal ISO 9660 and silver discs,
>however my CDD2000 does read multisession discs. So when I insert a
>normal CD-ROM in my CDD2000 it can not read from the device and I get
>the following message on my screen:   "No access, Device connected to
>the system is not working".

Have you tried (re)installing the Corel Enhanced CDR drivers?

------------------------
Digital Domain CGI
"More human than human is our motto..."

Post by Deirdre' Straugha » Tue, 06 May 1997 04:00:00

> Hi there,

> After installing Easy-CD pro and Direct CD on my PC I am experiencing
> read problems if I want to use my CDD2000 as a CD-ROM player.

> The problems is I can not read normal ISO 9660 and silver discs,
> however my CDD2000 does read multisession discs. So when I insert a
> normal CD-ROM in my CDD2000 it can not read from the device and I get
> the following message on my screen:   "No access, Device connected to
> the system is not working".

DirectCD is not certified for use with, and has not been thoroughly
tested with, the CDD2000. You're on your own for any problems you have
with this configuration.
--
Best regards, Deirdre' Straughan
"Largo al factotum del CD-R"

Adaptec Software Products Group

CD-R info:    http://www.adaptec.com/cdrec/

1. Programmatic (via SCSI) determination CD-ROM/CD-R/CD-RW?

How do you determine via SCSI-2 commands whether a device
of type CD-ROM is a CD-ROM, a CD-R or a CD-RW?

ing. C.W.F. (Christ) Vriens            Philips Research Laboratories
Eindhoven
Building: WL 1 108                     Prof. Holstlaan 4
Phone: +31 40 2743079                  5656 AA  Eindhoven
Fax:   +31 40 2744004                  The Netherlands

2. MR DO!

3. BIG problem with Direct CD ..Plz Help

4. HP Scanner - Output Doesn't Match Selection in Deskscan

5. Problems reading CD image

6. exchange won't start :.(

7. newbie questions re CD-R, CD-RW, and Memorex

8. Inside Mac...

9. CD-BOMb : issues with high speed CD-ROM start-up acceleration times

10. adaptec cd copier SW

11. Backup Removable Disk/Tape/CD to CD-ROM

12. CD-RW vs. PD/CD