Datasheet search engine?

Post by Don McKenzi » Fri, 21 Apr 2000 04:00:00

> Can anyone suggest a site that will seach for semiconductor
> datasheets?

> I used to use www.semi.com.tw but that seems to have gone down lately.

> Any other suggestions?

goto
partminer.com
download the 1.6meg file and install under windows.
not only is it a good semi search engine, it gives data sheet links.

I hate loading yet another program that will magically do this and that,
but this one is really worth it if you are in the game.

World's Largest Range of Atmel/AVR and  PICmicro Hardware and  Software.
Free Basic Compiler and Programmer http://www.dontronics.com/runavr.html
Simplest-Cheapest Intro to Micros?? http://www.dontronics.com/dt006.html

Datasheet search engine?

Post by Mark Borgerso » Fri, 21 Apr 2000 04:00:00

> > Can anyone suggest a site that will seach for semiconductor
> > datasheets?

> > I used to use www.semi.com.tw but that seems to have gone down lately.

> > Any other suggestions?

> goto
> partminer.com
> download the 1.6meg file and install under windows.
> not only is it a good semi search engine, it gives data sheet links.

> I hate loading yet another program that will magically do this and that,
> but this one is really worth it if you are in the game.

For a one-man shop like mine, Partminer is a real time saver.  It automatically
searches for parts and data sheets on the sites of about a dozen of the major
US distributors (for parts) and also lists links to the manufacturers so you
can fetch data sheets.  It's sort of like having  your own "Purchasing Guy
who knows
somebody at every distributor".  They also give you a "Partminer Direct"
link that
gets their own people into the search.  I called them when I had no luck finding
about 25 Analog Devices A/D chips.  They checked with their overseas buyers
and called me back (but no luck on the chips).  They were courteous and helpful,
even after finding out I wasn't a GM rep looking for 250,000 parts!

This may sound like a plug---and it is.  After all, I'll probably never give
them enough business to make a profit off me.  The least I can do is give them
a good review in return for their service!

Mark Borgerson

Datasheet search engine?

Post by jeff.. » Mon, 24 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Thanks for the advice of  partminer.com -jeff

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Datasheet search engine?

Post by Vivek Vaid (RA/ » Mon, 24 Apr 2000 04:00:00

www.questlink.com

cheers

Vivek

:
: >

--

Datasheet search engine?

Post by Stev » Wed, 26 Apr 2000 04:00:00

> Thanks for the advice of  partminer.com -jeff

----------------------
Nobody with a brain is going to turn loose your privacy invading data
theft engine on their computer.
-Steve
--

-Electronics Site!! 1000 Files/50 Dirs!! http://www.armory.com/~rstevew
Europe Naples Italy: http://ftp.unina.it/pub/electronics/ftp.armory.com

Datasheet search engine?

Post by Mark Borgerso » Thu, 27 Apr 2000 04:00:00

> > Thanks for the advice of  partminer.com -jeff
> ----------------------
> Nobody with a brain is going to turn loose your privacy invading data
> theft engine on their computer.
> -Steve
> --

Are you implying that Partminer creates  a back door into my TOTALLY
SECURE (LOL ;-) ) Win98 machine??    I guess running any  software
with a direct net connection leave you trusting the programmers to some
extent.   Which is why I do all the net stuff I feel needs to be private
on a Mac.  And as far as stealing my data,  it's probably easier to
go to my web page and download it.   I doubt that I have anything
worth the effort to steal on that windows machine!  Now if I were
Apple or Intel, or GM, I might feel differently.  But if I were,
I'd have my own purchasing agents!

Mark Borgerson

Datasheet search engine?

Post by David Sau » Fri, 28 Apr 2000 04:00:00

>www.questlink.com

>cheers

>Vivek

Thanks.

Apears to be exactly what I was after.

Datasheet search engine?

Post by Steve Rencont » Sun, 30 Apr 2000 04:00:00

> www.questlink.com

Well, I took a quick look and I'm not impressed. When I ask about DSP
processors, it only knows about a few, and it's not very accurate at that.

--
Steve Rencontre, Design Consultant
http://www.rsn-tech.demon.co.uk