HP C1533A or DAT Satellite DL-1000

Post by Georges Heinesc » Tue, 11 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Hi purchased a streamer called HP C1533A. That's at least what is
supposed to be and what I paied for.

While reading the doc, I didn't find this model number anywhere.
Instead, the doc mentioned a 'DAT Satellte DL-10000' all the time.

Is that the same drive or did the dealer sell me the "wrong" drive?

--
Cu  Georges Heinesch, Luxembourg

    http://www.veryComputer.com/
    PGP 2.6.3i / 5.1i public key on request and on public servers

... like a * ...

HP C1533A or DAT Satellite DL-1000

Post by Jyrki Tuo » Wed, 12 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi purchased a streamer called HP C1533A. That's at least what is
>supposed to be and what I paied for.

>While reading the doc, I didn't find this model number anywhere.
>Instead, the doc mentioned a 'DAT Satellte DL-10000' all the time.

There are plenty of OEMs selling C1533A drivers under their own label.
Satellite DL-10000 is CCA's repackaged HP C1533A.

Quote:>Is that the same drive or did the dealer sell me the "wrong" drive?

You got a C1533A.  There are a few of ways you can verify this:

 - Acquire a software tool which will display the SCSI identification
   information for the DAT drive.  A CCA DAT Satellite DL-10000 identifies
   itself as a HP C1533A.

 - Acquire from HP the manual C1533-90901 (HP C1533A User's Manual).  You
   will notice that the your DAT Satellite DL-10000 User's Manual is a
   verbatim copy of the HP manual, except that the device name is spelled
   every where as 'DAT Satellite DL-10000' instead of 'C1533A'.

 - You got the drive in an external enclosure, right?  Open it.  You will
   find the drive labeled as a HP C1533A drive.  Well, there probably is a
   "warranty void if this label has been removed" sticker on the enclosure.
   I never pay attention to those stickers and with CCA's drives they are
   often broken on delivery, anyway ;-)

        Jyrki
--
Jyrki Tuomi                    |  "The only bright side to this [global envi-

     University of Tampere     |  may not be a piece of the planet worth
Department of Computer Science |  fighting over"  --  Calvin

1. problem with HP DAT C1533A using linux

Hi,

I have problems with two HP C1533A streamer. Using 120m media none of
both streamers is able to write the media to its full extent. The
minimum amount was 600MB (already compressed) and the maximum amount was
3 GB (already compressed). The devices are referred as /dev/nst0-2.
For both streamers the defaultr configuration is used:
    MRS     ON
    Hardware compression    ON with host control

The SCSI controller is an Adaptec 2940U and the system works with Linux
Kernel 2.0.32.
The HP streamers are nearly 2 years old. HP indicates a MTBF of 200000
hours. That would be 22 years if the streamer works 24 hours/day.
Is this a realistic MTBF or has anybody another experience with MTBs of
HP DAT streamers ?

Does anybody know this problem and has an advice to solve this problem ?

Tahnk you in advance,

    Holger Zirnstein

2. Help : What's lxm format ?

3. HP C1533A DAT streamer

4. Can't Ping Home Network with LinkSys

5. Pb changing/checking Hard compression on a HP C1533A DDS-2 DAT.

6. Encryption domain subnetworking ?

7. DAT HP C1533A terminator

8. Install NT WS over LAN ??

9. HELP : HP C1533A DAT DDS-2 Settings

10. Linpack 1000 x 1000 source code in C?

11. HP DAT / Sony SDT-7000 DAT Incompatabilities

12. HP C1533A and WD33C93 -08

13. Reselection with HP C1533A streamer