Adaptec 2940u2w and AMD K6-2 problems?

Post by Robin Gies » Thu, 18 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I've heard on the net that a bunch of people are having problems with an
Adaptec 2940U2W controller on a board with an AMD K6-2. I myself have the
problem that under RAID for Linux (latest patches and everything) the OS
gives me a "scsi: aborting command due to timeout" after a little while of
continuous load (i.e., mke2fs). Several posts have gotten me to believe that
the problem may be that the Adaptec controller doesn't like the AMD /
"Pentium" board. Anyone have the same problem?

-Robin Giese

1. ABOUT AMD K6-2 and its mother board

Does anybody have tested the K6-2?
I saw the AMD benchmarks and tests and they say that a K6-2 300 mhz is
more powerful
than a Pentium2 350 mhz and only fastless than the 400 mhz.
Are those tests reliable?
And what about K6-2 FPU? Is it like P2's FPU or not?

And then, which is the best mother board for K6-2?

What about the Epox, Microstar and California Graphics Photon 100 with
chipset VIA MVP3 ?

2. JOIN the bloody 8Bit-Netw

3. AMD K6-2 475Mhz

4. ABEND - TURBO FAT -help

5. Any embedded PC with equivalent computing power of an AMD K6-2 450?

6. Pin-outs for x21 dte's

7. K6 vs. K6-2: Is 3DNow worth the extra $$$?

8. To extend InnoDB table size

9. AMD K5 or K6, RISC86 code.

10. WTB: AMD K6 class embedded cpu board

11. Mobile K6-2 w/ 3DNow

12. SDRAM Speculative Lead-Off & K6-2