Looks Bad for DEC Suit

Post by Douglas Bors » Fri, 16 May 1997 04:00:00

I'm not optimistic about DEC's chances of winning the suit.

I just noticed they asked for a *jury* trial.

Intel's strategy:

        -Hire a certain famous Southern California legal
         defense team.

        -Seat only jurors who don't read papers, watch TV, and
         have never heard of computers.  "Chips?  They're great
         with sour-cream and onion dip."

        -Claim that Andy Grove was "In yard practicing golf swing"
         when the alleged patent infringements were supposed
         to have occurred.

        -Show how DEC could have planted incriminating evidence
         back in 1991 during early licensing talks with Intel.

        -Prove that despite denials under oath of ever having
         used "en" word, in fact Robert Palmer frequently said
         he envied Andy Grove.

        -Demonstrate in dramatic courtroom scene (Pentium
         Pro chip struggles to fit Digital design into silicon)
         that Intel could not have infringed on DEC's patents.

         "If the algorithm don't fit, you must acquit!" declares
          leader of Intel defense team.

This followed by live shots of Palmer driving his white Porsche
on Route 128, mumbling into his car phone about suicide, as he's
pursued by angry DEC stockholders.

  -doug

Looks Bad for DEC Suit

Post by Frankie Te » Sat, 17 May 1997 04:00:00

More like claim, Andy Grove on his mountain bike chasing the black Porsche
that Palmer drives ahead of him.

Quote:

>    -Claim that Andy Grove was "In yard practicing golf swing"
>     when the alleged patent infringements were supposed
>     to have occurred.

Looks Bad for DEC Suit

Post by Stephen St.Cla » Thu, 22 May 1997 04:00:00

>> I'm not optimistic about DEC's chances of winning the suit.

><snip>

>>          "If the algorithm don't fit, you must acquit!" declares
>>           leader of Intel defense team.

>> This followed by live shots of Palmer driving his white Porsche
>> on Route 128, mumbling into his car phone about suicide, as he's
>> pursued by angry DEC stockholders.

>Actually, the Porsche is black. And being as its a Turbo Carerra rather
>than one o' those sport utes favored by Soccer Moms, it won't be a
>low-speed chase!

Depends on when he gets on 128 for his getaway. 6-9am or 3-6pm, he's
better off leaving the car and running for it.

steve

steve

1. DEC/Intel suit

   It was probably a matter of interpretation. I don't think they
would knowingly violate a defendable patent owned by a party capable
of defending its interests. It's likely they felt that existing
patents did not cover what they wanted to do. It's certainly a matter
of interpretation now that it's headed for court.

ATG

2. Export a model to MS repository

3. How many bad blocks constitute %2522really bad%2522?

4. Source To Games

5. Ericsson looks pretty bad right now

6. Yes is free Re: Special FREE Heart Necklace

7. Looking for a demagnetizer for DEC CompacTape III's

8. A3000s-Mac monitors. Possible?

9. Looking for DEC's and compatible hardware distributors

10. Looking for info. on DEC 3000 AXP 400

11. Looking for a reference to DEC Alpha Chip

12. Looking for Literatures regarding DEC Alpha's

13. Cyrix/Intel suit