Pro Mate II and RS232 Protocols?

Post by Nematod » Sun, 24 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hello Group

    I am using a Pro Mate II as a stand alone programmer in a production
environment. Every time the pro mate is powered up, The pre-programmed PIC
has to Be read, To pre-load the programmer, Then Programming of the product
can be done. It would be nice if the set procedure could be automated,
Perhaps using a PIC with the protocol's for RS232 communication to the Pro
Mate II.

    Can anybody help?, Does anybody know what the protocols to talk to the
pro mote are?

All help gratefully received

Best Regards Clive

Pro Mate II and RS232 Protocols?

Post by jhobb » Tue, 26 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>     Can anybody help?, Does anybody know what the protocols to talk to the
> pro mote are?

What you want is Microchip's "Pro Mate Communication Protocol Design"
booklet.
I have a Rev. G draft dated 1997.  I would send you the file, but at the
moment I am not sure if I have the right to send you a copy.  The file name
is comprot.dat. There is no part number for the booklet.
I got my copy from Microchip.

You may just want to use 'Procmd.exe'.  This file should still be available
for download from the web site.  It will also be much easier and quicker for
you to pre-load a file into the ProMate.  I have used both for custom
production level programmer interfaces.

Take care  -Jim

1. Microchip Pro Mate II programmer problem using ICSP

I'm using the Pro Mate II programmer to program a PIC16C505 surface-mount
microcontroller (in circuit) and the error message "Low Pin Drivers Fail" is
displayed
at power-up.  If I remove the adapter cable (connection between programmer
and target board) the programmer starts up fine and I'm able to get into
programming mode, but when I plug the adapter cable on and try to program,
it fails every time.  Even when I read a microcontroller that has code on
it, every byte of data that comes back is an F.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Sincerely,
MCU Journeyman

2. FS SS5/85

3. PRO MATE not found error

4. show int s0:0

5. Pentium Pro/II FXCH

6. Citations and BibTeX

7. FREE 1/2 day tutorial: "The Xilinx Virtex II PRO - PowerPC 405 Architecture Familiarization"

8. Palm OS, Color & CF Slot ??

9. Protocol for data retrieval over RS232

10. B&R 2003 RS232 Protocol

11. need protocol analyzer for RS232

12. Simple Transaction-Oriented Protocol - II

13. RS232 Terminal (Hex, Ascii, Decimal, Binary) - RS232 Monitor