Searching for Paradigm linker/locator x86

Searching for Paradigm linker/locator x86

Post by Number Crunche » Fri, 17 Mar 2000 04:00:00



Hello forum members,

                                            I develop an application (hw/sw)
on the Intel KU80C186EC25 embedded controller - using
Visual C 1.52 I need a recent linker/locator that I would like to purchase
with official manual and license (copy invoice),
any honoust offer will be considered.

Paradigm actually doesn't sell anymore the linker/locator, but integrated it
one IDE along with a Borland C++ compiler.

regards,

Michel

 
 
 

Searching for Paradigm linker/locator x86

Post by Joseph Legri » Fri, 17 Mar 2000 04:00:00



> Since when?  Four months ago when I was getting quotes, they still offered
> the linker/locator as a separate product.

Four months is a long time. He's right - you can't get it
separately any more.

J.Legris

 
 
 

Searching for Paradigm linker/locator x86

Post by stude » Sat, 18 Mar 2000 04:00:00


On Thu 16 Mar 2000 02:43:33p,  In article


>Paradigm actually doesn't sell anymore the linker/locator,

Since when?  Four months ago when I was getting quotes, they still offered
the linker/locator as a separate product.

Paradigm isn't the only game in town.  Do a web search and you'll find at
least three other major vendors of X86 linker/locators.  Plus there are at
least 2 freeware linker/locators for the x86.

 
 
 

Searching for Paradigm linker/locator x86

Post by Jens Hildebrand » Sat, 18 Mar 2000 04:00:00



> On Thu 16 Mar 2000 02:43:33p,  In article


> >Paradigm actually doesn't sell anymore the linker/locator,

> Since when?  Four months ago when I was getting quotes, they still offered
> the linker/locator as a separate product.

> Paradigm isn't the only game in town.  Do a web search and you'll find at
> least three other major vendors of X86 linker/locators.  Plus there are at
> least 2 freeware linker/locators for the x86.

Which are these two? Do you have any links?

TIA Jens

 
 
 

Searching for Paradigm linker/locator x86

Post by stude » Sun, 19 Mar 2000 04:00:00






>> On Thu 16 Mar 2000 02:43:33p,  In article



>> >Paradigm actually doesn't sell anymore the linker/locator,

>> Since when?  Four months ago when I was getting quotes, they still
>> offered the linker/locator as a separate product.

>> Paradigm isn't the only game in town.  Do a web search and you'll find
>> at least three other major vendors of X86 linker/locators.  Plus there
>> are at least 2 freeware linker/locators for the x86.

>Which are these two? Do you have any links?

One of them was written by the guy that Paradigm hired (to write their
linker/locator?).  He's their top technical support guru now.  It's in an
old issue of Dr Dobb's Journal.  Use your search engine.  Search for words
like "linker" and "locator".   You'll find it.  If you can't find it after
trying a bit, post again and I'll dig through my files.

Another one was written by John Fine.  

Come to think of it, there may be three.

 
 
 

Searching for Paradigm linker/locator x86

Post by Harry Franke » Mon, 20 Mar 2000 04:00:00


Try www.cadul.com
I've been using the linker/locator since a couple of years, and it works
fine.
Harry Franken.
 
 
 

Searching for Paradigm linker/locator x86

Post by stud.. » Tue, 21 Mar 2000 04:00:00


US Software makes an 80x86 Linker/Locator:
http://www.ussw.com/products/uslink/

Beacon Development Tools makes an 80x86 Linker/Locator:
http://www.embeddedpower.com/no_flash/prbl.htm

John Fine has written a "zero price shareware" 80x86 Locator:
http://users.erols.com/johnfine/jloc.html

Rick Naro (now employed by Paradigm) wrote an 80x86 Locator
for Dr Dobb's Journal in 1987:
"A good article on romcode generation using turboc, written by R Naro, was
published in Dr Dobbs, Dec 1987. The article develops a locate utility which
converts .EXE files to position dependent code. The following examples use the
locate utility to demonstrate an example rommable program written in turboc."
http://physinfo.ulb.ac.be/cit_courseware/embedded/pc.htm






>>> On Thu 16 Mar 2000 02:43:33p,  In article



>>> >Paradigm actually doesn't sell anymore the linker/locator,

>>> Since when?  Four months ago when I was getting quotes, they still
>>> offered the linker/locator as a separate product.

>>> Paradigm isn't the only game in town.  Do a web search and you'll find
>>> at least three other major vendors of X86 linker/locators.  Plus there
>>> are at least 2 freeware linker/locators for the x86.

>>Which are these two? Do you have any links?

>One of them was written by the guy that Paradigm hired (to write their
>linker/locator?).  He's their top technical support guru now.  It's in an
>old issue of Dr Dobb's Journal.  Use your search engine.  Search for words
>like "linker" and "locator".   You'll find it.  If you can't find it after
>trying a bit, post again and I'll dig through my files.

>Another one was written by John Fine.  

>Come to think of it, there may be three.

 
 
 

Searching for Paradigm linker/locator x86

Post by Dave Whit » Tue, 21 Mar 2000 04:00:00


Do you know what the limitations of the 'shareware' version are?

Dave White


Quote:> Try www.cadul.com
> I've been using the linker/locator since a couple of years, and it works
> fine.
> Harry Franken.

 
 
 

1. Linker/Locator for Embedded X86 Work

Would anyone care to share their thoughts on Linker/Locator programs
(commercial, shareware, and freeware) for use in developing embedded
80x86 applications.  

We have been using CSI's Link product and have had problems with it
generating "extended" OMF-386 records that out emulator doesn't really
like and with the moving of initialized data from ROM to RAM.  The CSI
product only seems to support generation of a "compressed" initialized
data segment for the ROM and a macro to "de-compress" it for inclusion
in the start-up code.  While this approach is ideal for minimizing ROM
space, it really precludes being able to update the initialized data
from a running system even if the ROM is really a Flash ROM.

All thoughts and suggestions welcome.  Thanks.

2. FS: Sparc 2 base $300.00

3. Looking For Linker/Locater Utility For x86 Family

4. NN toolbox Code

5. Hitachi HEW Linker/Locator Question

6. favorites / bookmarks

7. 32bit Linker-Locator (386sx)!!

8. testing

9. linker/locator for Intel 80C186

10. Linker/Locater for 80x86

11. 32 Bit Linker Locator

12. WTB: Linker/locater for 386EX project - new or surplus!

13. Free Beta version of a 32 bit Linker and Locator