Show all menu-items?!?

Post by Diane Kin » Fri, 04 Apr 2008 02:49:22

I just had this problem and was able to reset the InDesign menu default to get rid of it, but I'm curious how this happens. Is it supposed to be a feature/option? If so, where does the option to turn it off and on exist? And why isn't it documented in Help?

Show all menu-items?!?

Post by Sandee_Co.. » Fri, 04 Apr 2008 03:09:42

Here's the story:

Somewhere along the line you changed your Default Workspace to something else. Most likely the Basic setting.

When this happened, you were given a dialog box alert that said that the setting would change your menus. But you probably didn't understand what that meant.

At that point you had fewer menu items because the Basic setting is meant to make it simple for people who don't know what they are doing to look through shorter menus.

But in your case it flummoxed you.

I don't blame you. This is one of the first things I now teach in trouble-shooting ID.

Just switch back to the Default Workspace and you'll be fine. And then don't mess around with the menus in the Edit menus dialog box.

1. Show all menu items

Hello all,

Over the years Photoshop has shown a great delight in, about once ever month or two, resetting itself to factory defaults. Now I notice it has taken to hiding a lot of my menu items and I have to click 'Show all menu items' every time I open a menu. Most frustrating. And I can't find a way to force the blighter to do the decent thing and keep on showing me all the menu options. Can anyone tell me how to do this as the help files are less than forthcoming.

Thanks all,

Phil

2. Vector Shape Snapping?

3. Show All Menu Items - On all the time

4. FH 8 printing & B+W G3

5. Show all Menu items

6. Help Needed in Installing Acrobat Reader!

7. Show All Menu Items

8. Acrobat 6.0 Pro Locks Up Under One XP User But Not Others

9. Colors of pull-down menu and menu items

10. GoLive CS2 Mac - Centering a dropdown menu and the menu items still lining up correctly

11. Context Menu menu items Language Independent names

12. Plugin development- disable Save, Save As sub menu items in File menu

13. Newbie -CFML - Multiple items shown in Dynamic Menu - I only want one occurance of each to show in Menu