Facing pages (Left-Right) start appearing as Right-Right

Facing pages (Left-Right) start appearing as Right-Right

Post by Matthew Trede » Wed, 19 Jul 2006 00:04:09

InDesign CS2: I've done this a couple of times and I know it's user error, but I'm not sure what I'm doing to cause it.

I try to bring together several chapters into one document so I can create a TOC and export the full text for editorial review in MS Word. (If there's a way to export linked documents in .rtf format or create a complete TOC from the Book palette, I haven't found it.)

When I join the documents, the new pages auto-flow like this: |RR, |RR, |RR ... when what I expect to see is L|R, L|R, L|R... .

I'm stumped. I can't drag them back into position, and deleting or adding one page doesn't fix the problem. They're based upon a working master spread, but for some reason the left folio of the spread remains stubbornly missing.

Suggestions?

Facing pages (Left-Right) start appearing as Right-Right

Post by Heather Bel » Wed, 19 Jul 2006 00:12:07

Do you have ALL the parts and pieces you're combining set-up as facing pages?

Facing pages (Left-Right) start appearing as Right-Right

Post by Matthew Trede » Wed, 19 Jul 2006 00:26:26

Hmm. Actually, no. The first page, as the beginning of a new chapter, has a special Master Page all its own: <A1-ChapterFirst>. All subsequent pages are spreads: <A-InsideSpread>.

Would it help if I sent a screenshot?

Facing pages (Left-Right) start appearing as Right-Right

Post by wa veghe » Wed, 19 Jul 2006 21:51:44

What is the setting for allow pages to shuffle?

Facing pages (Left-Right) start appearing as Right-Right

Post by Diane_K.. » Wed, 19 Jul 2006 22:51:44

Matthew,

You can do TOCs with book documents. You open the first of the documents and make sure that the document is part of the book and that the book is open and then when running the TOC check the "include book documents" at the bottom of the dialogue box.