Show All Menu Items - On all the time

Post by L.. » Wed, 18 Mar 2009 23:15:39

I must be missing something because I'm sure Adobe would make a way to keep this feature on all the time. But I've been through the preferences and can't find it. Maybe someone can help me.

How can I make Photoshop CS4 Show All Menu Items - All the time. It slows me down and sometimes frustrates me having to keep clicking on this each time I need the full menu.

Show All Menu Items - On all the time

Post by Ann_Shelbou.. » Thu, 19 Mar 2009 11:46:25

Linda:

You just need to choose Window/Workspace/Essentials(Default)
 before setting up your own Workspace.

[Why that couldn't simply have been labelled in straight-forward English as: "Show Complete Menus" is beyond my comprehension!]

8/

Post by L.. » Thu, 19 Mar 2009 21:24:08

      You just need to choose Window/Workspace/Essentials(Default) before setting
      up your own Workspace.

Hi Ann, Once again you've saved some of my sanity. You know I need all I can get. :-) Thank you!

Post by Buko » Fri, 20 Mar 2009 01:40:52

      Why that couldn't simply have been labelled in straight-forward English
      as: "Show Complete Menus" is beyond my comprehension!

Well Ann this is professional software, you can't use simple language like that or like "show all menu items" that would be too simple.

Show All Menu Items - On all the time

Post by Nini Tj?de » Fri, 20 Mar 2009 02:32:07

I agree. "Essentials" to me sounds like "only show the basic menus and nothing else"....which makes you not choose it when out looking for all menus. On the other hand, English is not my first language.

Show All Menu Items - On all the time

Post by Buko » Fri, 20 Mar 2009 03:05:37

Nothing wrong with your assessment of the situation Nini. That's exactly how it sounds to us english and american speakers too.

Show All Menu Items - On all the time

I agree with thee three! :-)

Post by Ramón_G_Casta?e.. » Fri, 20 Mar 2009 12:33:43

      On the other hand, English is not my first language.

Neither is mine, Nini. But to me "essentials" sounds like stripped down, barely functional, emasculated, as in Photoshop "Elements", too.

Show All Menu Items - On all the time

Post by Nini Tj?de » Sat, 21 Mar 2009 02:57:29

Ramn,
Exactly.

Show All Menu Items - On all the time

Post by steve_guilha.. » Sat, 21 Mar 2009 03:48:04

Workspaces contain more than just the menus to display. If you just want to control just the menu items, go to Window> Workspace> Keyboard Shortcuts and Menus... Here you can choose 'Photoshop Defaults' from the Set: pull down on the Menus tab.

'Essentials' is used Suite wide and may make more sense in some of the other products. Unfortunately, Ps was burdened with 'Essentials' and 'Basic' (effectively antonyms) in the process.

Show All Menu Items - On all the time

Post by Buko » Sat, 21 Mar 2009 04:03:04

We'll forgive you guys this time Steve. B)

Show All Menu Items - On all the time

Post by Ann_Shelbou.. » Sat, 21 Mar 2009 04:06:11

But ONLY this time!

Just don't let MM wag the dog next time!

:)

Post by L.. » Sat, 21 Mar 2009 04:21:52

      Workspaces contain more than just the menus to display. If you just want
      to control just the menu items, go to Window> Workspace> Keyboard Shortcuts
      and Menus... Here you can choose 'Photoshop Defaults' from the Set: pull
      down on the Menus tab.

      'Essentials' is used Suite wide and may make more sense in some of the
      other products. Unfortunately, Ps was burdened with 'Essentials' and 'Basic'
      (effectively antonyms) in the process.

Thank you Steve.

Show All Menu Items - On all the time

Post by Nini Tj?de » Sat, 21 Mar 2009 06:57:06

Essentials - as a term - doesn't make any more sense in the other products than it does here. And I said as much at the time in other contexts but was rather alone with that opinion.

1. Show all menu items

Hello all,

Over the years Photoshop has shown a great delight in, about once ever month or two, resetting itself to factory defaults. Now I notice it has taken to hiding a lot of my menu items and I have to click 'Show all menu items' every time I open a menu. Most frustrating. And I can't find a way to force the blighter to do the decent thing and keep on showing me all the menu options. Can anyone tell me how to do this as the help files are less than forthcoming.

Thanks all,

Phil

2. Premiere Crash

3. Show all Menu items

4. Searching property lists...

5. Show All Menu Items

6. Append text file on remote server

7. Newbie -CFML - Multiple items shown in Dynamic Menu - I only want one occurance of each to show in Menu

8. Authorware versus CourseBuilder

9. Colors of pull-down menu and menu items

10. GoLive CS2 Mac - Centering a dropdown menu and the menu items still lining up correctly

11. Context Menu menu items Language Independent names

12. Plugin development- disable Save, Save As sub menu items in File menu

13. Inserting Dates - show local time in time format