I can't set stroke thinner than 1pt.

Post by Kari_C.. » Sun, 05 Oct 2008 07:12:05

Hi
I'm using Adobe Illustrator CS3 in Windows XP. I don't know what I did wrong with brushes, but now I can't set stroke under 1pt. I don't want any artistic brush, I just want the simple shapes and paths to have a thinner stroke.
Thank you

I can't set stroke thinner than 1pt.

Post by Ronald Kelle » Sun, 05 Oct 2008 17:48:53

Kari,

I have this issue all the time. The only work around I found was to type the value in the input box rather than using the dropdown list.
I think it has something to do with the regional settings but I can be wrong. Anyway it's an annoying bug.

Ronald

I can't set stroke thinner than 1pt.

Post by Jacob_Bu.. » Mon, 06 Oct 2008 05:05:04

Kari, Ronald,

Whenever this issue has turned up in earlier versions, it has been caused by a mismatch in punctuation between Illy and Windows. It has been solved by changing the Control Panel>Regional and Language Options, either switching to the language used in Illy or using customized settings and use the same Decimal symbol as in Illy.

I can't set stroke thinner than 1pt.

Post by Kari_C.. » Mon, 06 Oct 2008 06:13:08

Thank you! Typing the value in the input box works. I guess switching to the language used in Illustrator would be less annoying, but my Illy is in English and my Windows in Spanish and I'm not sure I want to change that... Thanks anyway!

Kari

I can't set stroke thinner than 1pt.

Post by Jacob_Bu.. » Mon, 06 Oct 2008 06:28:15

Kari,

Do you need to have the decimal symbol set to comma (,) for other applications? Otherwise, you can use the customization and set it to full stop (.), and be able to use the dropdown.

I can't set stroke thinner than 1pt.

Post by Kari_C.. » Mon, 06 Oct 2008 06:41:15

Jacob,

I did what you said and reset Illustrator and now I can use the dropdown. Thanks a lot!

Kari

I can't set stroke thinner than 1pt.

Post by Jacob_Bu.. » Mon, 06 Oct 2008 19:25:25

You are welcome, Kari. It is a bit easier with both options.

I can't set stroke thinner than 1pt.

Post by Ronald Kelle » Tue, 07 Oct 2008 03:22:02

Jacob,

My decimal symbol is set to full stop but nevertheless I can't use the dropdown for numbers smaller than 1.

In the past I was able to fix this problem by indeed using the full stop as decimal symbol but now it doesn't seem to work any more. Any suggestions? It's no big issue of course but annoying nevertheless...

Ronald

I can't set stroke thinner than 1pt.

Post by Jacob_Bu.. » Tue, 07 Oct 2008 04:09:43

Ronald,

      In the past I was able to fix this problem by indeed using the full stop
      as decimal symbol

Was that in your present version?

Does the present dropdown list show the full stop?

I can't set stroke thinner than 1pt.

Post by Ronald Kelle » Tue, 07 Oct 2008 15:35:15

Jacob,

With 'in the past' I meant earlier Illustrator versions. Sorry for being unclear.

I have a Dutch Windows and both dropdown lists ('Getallen' and 'Valuta') in 'Landinstellingen' show a full stop...

Ronald

I can't set stroke thinner than 1pt.

Post by Jacob_Bu.. » Tue, 07 Oct 2008 21:49:43

Ronald,

Is your Illy version English or Dutch?

I can't set stroke thinner than 1pt.

Post by Ronald Kelle » Wed, 08 Oct 2008 18:16:54

Jacob,

My Illy is English...

Thanks a lot for trying to help. Very much appreciated!

I can't set stroke thinner than 1pt.

Post by Jacob_Bu.. » Wed, 08 Oct 2008 22:25:31

Ronald,

Other possible causes being ruled out, it may be time to reset the preferences. You can follow the FAQ #2, or you can make a fuller, but reversible cleanup, following the first hint, Move the folder, here: <http://www.bugge.com/Family-and-friends/Illy/illy.html>

I can't set stroke thinner than 1pt.

Post by Ronald Kelle » Thu, 09 Oct 2008 18:08:38

Jacob,

Didn't help.
Anyway it's not a big issue.
Thanks.

1. * Stroke wont go to 1pt

CS2 12.0.1 mix of panther, tiger, G5's, macPro's, different clients,

- Press D for default appearance
- Make a square
- Resize the square and make sure scale strokes and effects is selected in scale options
- try changing the stroke weight to 1pt

I tried this on all types of configs and it wont let me set stroke to 1pt unless i type it in. Seems like trashing prefs helps but the problem returns right away. Before I start trashing font caches and regular maintenace stuff does anyone know what the answer is to this?

Thanks

2. urami - help

3. line stroke of less than 1pt.. won't work

4. Very slow in working with big project

5. Is there a way to set the default stroke weight for table cells

6. Word Wrap in a list box

7. Text Frame Stroke in PDF, but Set at 0 pts.

8. Where do i enter the pin?

9. How to set a brush stroke fade to none

10. Unable to set Stroke Dash

11. increments less than 1pt

12. art brush reverting to 1pt line weight

13. i want thinner outlines!