OVMS on Symmetrix

Post by Dokto » Fri, 05 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Does anybody use OpenVMS on EMC Symmetrix matrix ? If so, works it OK ?
Any opinion ?

Thanks in advance.

Sebastian.

OVMS on Symmetrix

Post by Alain Bollschweile » Fri, 05 Feb 1999 04:00:00

We have a customer here that uses a SYMMETRIX EMC2 disk array on a 3-node
AS8400 cluster connected to 2 KZPSA on each node. It seems to work fine,
although the system disk is on a HSJ. The strange thing is that the big EMC
disks are partitioned so that VMS sees 177 9 and 4.5 GB disks in total
(KZPSA or VMS V7.1 limitation?) and then they use volume sets to manage the
big quantity of data. Unfortunately, we do not support it and I don't have
more details.

        Alain Bollschweiler     GMD S.A.        Lima, Peru