DECdtm V2.0 for OpenVMS Field Test Announcement !!

DECdtm V2.0 for OpenVMS Field Test Announcement !!

Post by Sue Skonetsk » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 01:34:07

Contact information follows if you are interested

******* DECdtm V2.0 for OpenVMS Field Test Announcement !! *******

DECdtm is a distributed transaction manager that coordinates the activity of
resource managers

used by an application. DECdtm services are embedded in the OpenVMS
operating system and

fully support distributed databases using a two-phase commit protocol. The
DECdtm services

provide the technology and features for distributed processing, ensuring
both transaction and

database integrity across multiple Compaq resource managers.

DECdtm V2.0 implements the XA standard interface from the X/Open distributed
transaction model.

The XA interface provides transaction processing interoperability across
OpenVMS Oracle/Rdb,

OpenVMS Oracle 8i/9i, RMSJ and ACMS. DECdtm V2.0 can interface with other
vendors XA

compliant transaction managers such as BEA Tuxedo and IBM MQ Series.

If you are interested in field testing DECdtm V2.0, please fill out the
field test form and download

the binaries and documentation at:
http://www.openvms.compaq.com/commercial/decdtm/index.html

Thank you for your interest.

Sincerely,

Rick McLaughlin

OpenVMS Business Development

Compaq Computer Corporation

DECdtm V2.0 for OpenVMS Field Test Announcement !!

Post by Richard Mahe » Thu, 10 Jan 2002 07:51:15

Hi,

Well done Jim and everyone involved!

This is earth shattering news and yet another mile stone on the road to
VMS recovery!

At least it was earth shattering when you posted it. Sorry for the delay in
replying, but there's just so much chaff in this news group it's getting
almost impossible to find the wheat :-(

How's the field test going? Do you have a release date in mind?

Personally, I would have preferred more of a root and branch set of reforms
rather than a tack-on but hey this is amazing! Databases under the control
of DECdtm are now XA compatible and we can have 2PC functionality between
Solaris/Tuxedo/DatabaseX and VMS/Tuxedo/Rdb (or substitute MQseries for
Tuxedo. Any others? What about ACMSxp?)

If only someone could come up with a two-pipe strategy. . .

What about TCP/IP compliance? DECnet over IP good enough? Leave the rest to
the transaction monitors?

Anyway once again congradulations. A watershed, a turning point, the
Rubicon, Red Letter Day, Maximum Jollies. . .

Regards Richard Maher.

> Contact information follows if you are interested

> ******* DECdtm V2.0 for OpenVMS Field Test Announcement !! *******

> DECdtm is a distributed transaction manager that coordinates the activity
of
> resource managers

> used by an application. DECdtm services are embedded in the OpenVMS
> operating system and

> fully support distributed databases using a two-phase commit protocol. The
> DECdtm services

> provide the technology and features for distributed processing, ensuring
> both transaction and

> database integrity across multiple Compaq resource managers.

> DECdtm V2.0 implements the XA standard interface from the X/Open
distributed
> transaction model.

> The XA interface provides transaction processing interoperability across
> OpenVMS Oracle/Rdb,

> OpenVMS Oracle 8i/9i, RMSJ and ACMS. DECdtm V2.0 can interface with other
> vendors XA

> compliant transaction managers such as BEA Tuxedo and IBM MQ Series.

> If you are interested in field testing DECdtm V2.0, please fill out the
> field test form and download

> the binaries and documentation at:
> http://www.openvms.compaq.com/commercial/decdtm/index.html

> Thank you for your interest.

> Sincerely,

> Rick McLaughlin

> OpenVMS Business Development

> Compaq Computer Corporation

1. field test of DECprint Supervisor (DCPS) V2.2,

Dear Newsgroup,

Please be aware that this information may not have reached all areas of hp
yet.
Warm regards,
sue