CREAT/TERM and -xrm: How to?

Post by roc.. » Thu, 27 Apr 2000 04:00:00

I have need to do a $ CREATE/TERM/DETACH, but I also want to specify the
x resources for the icon position. Normally, I would do this using the
standard -xrm flag for Motif apps, however, I can't figure out how to do
this with CREATE/TERM/DETACH. I've even tried to munge the pipe command
into doing what I want, but CRE/TER doesn't seem to like SYS$PIPE as an
input source for /RESOURCE=x.

Of course it is possible to append the xrm settings to a
terminal-specific resource file (for each individual window I want to
create), but this seems like the wrong way when all I want is to set a
default icon position for the created terminal.

Anyone know how to do this, or perhaps there's a better way to set the
default position of the icon than setting the .iconX and .iconY
resources?

Thanks.
--
David

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. create/term/noproc: which pseudo terminal was created?

Hi,

ist it possible to find out reliably what pseudo terminal ftaNNN: was
created by a create/term/noproc?

Is it possible to keep such a pseudo terminal alive without having a process
that allocated the device? I want to display OPCOM messages on a pc (serial
line does not work for whatever reasons) and use the following command
procedure

$! before submitting this command procedure, do the following interactively
$!  SET DISPLAY/CREATE/NODE=my_node
$!  CREATE/TERM/NOPROC
$! now find out which pseudo terminal was created and change it in the next
line
$
$  ft_dev := fta193:
$  ALLOC 'ft_dev
$  SET TERM/PERM/BROADCAST/WIDTH=120 'ft_dev
$  DEFINE/USER SYS$COMMAND 'ft_dev
$  REPLY/ENABLE
$  WAIT 31-DEC-2010 17:00

When the process that allocates the device does not wait, the terminal will
be closed after the next OPCOM output. Is it really necessary to have such a
'dummy' process?

Many Greetings
Michael

--
Michael Zoellner
German Aerospace Center (DLR)

Germany

2. Wrapping Fortran Functions

3. Problem creating term session thru DecWindows...

4. the time for a firewall

5. Maintaining date file created attribute when creating an archives

6. CGI in FP98

7. SET TERM/INQ

8. Help request on ATMS, TMS-based systems and code

9. usage create/term/window!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. FS: 8 DEC VXT2000 X-terms and 19" monitors ; $75

11. POWERHOUSE/ CONTRACT/ LONG TERM/ IL

12. set term/protocol=ddcmp

13. HSZ40 term and CTL-C