Microsoft co-founder establishes DEC archive site

Microsoft co-founder establishes DEC archive site

Post by Alan Grei » Wed, 07 Nov 2001 18:05:03

The following was just posted in alt.sys.pdp10. Hmm maybe with his
interest in all things DEC we could persuade him to buy VMS and Alpha
and take on Mr Gates...

Announcing a new Web and ftp site for PDP-10 material -
http://pdp10.paulallen.com.

Paul G. Allen, co-founder of Microsoft and PDP-10 enthusiast/developer
is
creating a new Web site to provide easy-to-use PDP-10 files and
documentation. After loading and testing various simh configurations,
a DSKB
image for simh with a robust configuration, a monitor that supports
printing
and serial logins and a DSKC file for user storage, have all been
posted to
the site.

The TOAD-1 XKLeTen.paulallen.com will be moving soon to a location
where it
can again be accessed from the internet. Stay tuned for more
information.

--
Alan

Post by Bob Ceculs » Thu, 08 Nov 2001 04:14:51

> The following was just posted in alt.sys.pdp10. Hmm maybe with his
> interest in all things DEC we could persuade him to buy VMS and Alpha
> and take on Mr Gates...

> Announcing a new Web and ftp site for PDP-10 material -
> http://pdp10.paulallen.com.

> Paul G. Allen, co-founder of Microsoft and PDP-10 enthusiast/developer
> is
> creating a new Web site to provide easy-to-use PDP-10 files and
> documentation. After loading and testing various simh configurations,
> a DSKB
> image for simh with a robust configuration, a monitor that supports
> printing
> and serial logins and a DSKC file for user storage, have all been
> posted to
> the site.

> The TOAD-1 XKLeTen.paulallen.com will be moving soon to a location
> where it
> can again be accessed from the internet. Stay tuned for more
> information.

i just emailed him on doing just that ... if everyone here would join in
instead of pondering unix and linux all the time, it could become a reality ...
paul allen has the money and is no dummy ...

Microsoft co-founder establishes DEC archive site

Post by Larry Kilgall » Thu, 08 Nov 2001 05:42:05

Quote:> i just emailed him on doing just that ... if everyone here would join in
> instead of pondering unix and linux all the time, it could become a reality ...
> paul allen has the money and is no dummy ...

Not before you learn how to capitalize.