Powerhouse on VMS 7.3-1

Post by Adrian Birket » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 00:59:15

All,

Has anybody experienced any problems with record locking using
Powerhouse 8.30D2 on VMS 7.3-1?

A customer has upgraded to both versions in one exercise from VMS 7.1
and Powerhouse 7.10G4 and is now experiencing locking problems. I don't
have these versions readily available and was wondering if this had
appeared elsewhere.

AtDhVaAnNkCsE

Ade

1. Trouble with NFS since upgrade 7.3 -> 7.3-1

Hello

Since I've upgraded my NFS server from 7.3 to 7.3-1 (the huge TCPIP
ECO 1 is applied), I'm unable to mount the NFS shares with my Linux
workstation.
The server reports a successful mount through OPCOM, but the client
(Linux) logs
the following messages:
xxx kernel: call_verify: server requires stronger authentication.
xxx kernel: nfs_get_root: getattr error = 13
xxx kernel: call_verify: server requires stronger authentication.
xxx kernel: nfs_get_root: getattr error = 13
xxx kernel: nfs_read_super: get root inode failed

And "TCPIP SHOW NFS" on the server reports 2 weak authentication
calls.

Has anybody an idea what might be the problem or what has changed from
7.3 ?
Thanks for your help!

Greetings, Roland

2. Windows color modes...

3. Release date for 7.3 (and 7.3-1??)

4. BBC Scrabble

5. 7.2-1 and 7.3-1 NFS and block size

6. TDK CDR Media... differences?

7. Going 7.2-1 -> 7.3-1

8. VMS 7.3-1 CD will not boot

9. VMS 7.3-1

10. Upgrade to OPEN VMS 7.3-1 - Patches needed?

11. VMS 7.3-1 DIR tape problem

12. DS10 VMS 7.3-1 DECW$SERVER crash