duplicates of sysuaf.dat & rightlist.dat on VMS7.3-1 FC cluster

duplicates of sysuaf.dat & rightlist.dat on VMS7.3-1 FC cluster

Post by Salvi Schrije » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 01:45:12

Did anyone see this before:

last night our VMS7.3-1 dual node es40 fiberchannel cluster (latest scsi
patches installed) generated about 26 versions of sysuaf.dat & rightlist.dat
files all with the same creationdate and the modificationdate within
milliseconds !!
The queue manager locked sysuaf.dat;23 while the audit_server locked
sysuaf.dat;26.
This is very strange and i have never seen this before and to be honest, it
scares me very much....
Needless to say that the operator.log and auditfiles did not contain any
clue.
Logicals like sysuaf.dat is set in the system_table and is pointing at the
right file.
ana/disk does also not discover any problems....

Does anybody know about this scary behaviour and/or any solution ???!!??

regards
Salvi Schrijen
Vodafone

--

Met vriendelijke groet

Beate Schmitz
Malbergstraat 27
6367 BT  Voerendaal
Tel/Fax: 045-5754436

Post by Didier Morand » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 06:39:17

> Did anyone see this before:

> last night our VMS7.3-1 dual node es40 fiberchannel cluster (latest scsi
> patches installed) generated about 26 versions of sysuaf.dat & rightlist.dat
> files all with the same creationdate and the modificationdate within
> milliseconds !!
> The queue manager locked sysuaf.dat;23 while the audit_server locked
> sysuaf.dat;26.
> This is very strange and i have never seen this before and to be honest, it
> scares me very much....
> Needless to say that the operator.log and auditfiles did not contain any
> clue.
> Logicals like sysuaf.dat is set in the system_table and is pointing at the
> right file.
> ana/disk does also not discover any problems....

> Does anybody know about this scary behaviour and/or any solution ???!!??

Put a security audit ACL on the file with access=
R+W+E+D+C+Success+Failure and you may see "who" accesses it.

D.
--
Didier Morandi sarl au capital de 8 000 euros
                    Tout VMS

1. tMerging 5sy5.3 SYSUAF>DAT.DAT w/5.4-2 SYSUAF>DAT.DAT

        I recently saw a message (since deleted) on merging an old SYSUAF.DAT
file into a new one. Would someone please mail me a copy of the instructions.

Thankyou,

Rick

--

   Rick Ossinger ==>> System Manager -- West Coast Time Series --

   College of Oceanography, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR 97331-5503

2. : branch & bound in MATLAB or C

3. Reuse sysuaf.dat and rightslist.dat?

4. REMOTEHOST and REMOTEUSER

5. RA: Migrating SYSUAF.DAT, RIGHTSLIST.DAT, VMSMAIL_PROFILE.DATA

6. Sidwinder software for W2k

7. Migrating SYSUAF.DAT, RIGHTSLIST.DAT, VMSMAIL_PROFILE.DATA

8. C40 Comms. Link Hardware

9. SYSUAF.DAT Cracker & TZ877/HSD05 Query

10. Moving sysuaf.dat from OpenVMS VAX 7.1 to Alpha 7.1-2

11. Searching SYSUAF.DAT

12. how to copy SYSUAF.DAT

13. Merging sysuaf.dat files