Patches?

Post by Amy Lewi » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 03:35:59

Hi all,

Where would I go to find out what patches I don't have yet that I should?

a.

Patches?

Post by Francine Doyo » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 04:24:37

A great spot to review patches is
http://ftp.support.compaq.com.au/pub/ecoinfo/ecoinfo/

Check under "Indexed by Version" for a listing of the patches and their
rating by OpenVMS version.

Francine Doyon
HP Canada CSC

Quote:> Hi all,

> Where would I go to find out what patches I don't have yet that I should?

> a.

Patches?

Post by Bob Koehl » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 06:39:49

Quote:> Hi all,

> Where would I go to find out what patches I don't have yet that I should?

   A desrription of all patches can be searched on Encompasserve, amongst
   other places.   (eisner.encompasserve.org)

   You could wander through all the patch descriptions on the ftp
   server, but that would probably take longer.

   In any case, drop by www.openvms.compaq.com and pick up the FAQ.

Patches?

Post by David J. Dachter » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 09:28:25

> Hi all,

> Where would I go to find out what patches I don't have yet that I should?

Patches? We don't need no stinkin' patches!

...Sorry, couldn't resist.

--
David J. Dachtera
dba DJE Systems

http://www.djesys.com/vms/soho/

1. C RTL Patch Kit Dependent on SYS Patch

I downloaded the ACRTL V0100 Patch kit for OpenVMS V7.3-1 yesterday.
It appears to have a fix for a problem we were experiencing.

Howver, it states you must install SYS V0200 Patch kit prior to the
installation of this kit.  However, SYS V0200 Patch has a note that
there is a problem with it and should not be installed on a
uniprocessor system.

What is a person to do?

Robbie

2. Sun "Blueprint" articles on NTP

3. VMS GNU Emacs patches, now by FTP also (Was: VMS patches for emacs)

4. comp.compression Frequently Asked Questions (part 1/3)

5. Digital patch availability. Was: (Q: Site for patch U

6. need microemacs 3.9 parts 1-4

7. Digital patch availability. Was: (Q: Site for patch UCXECO6-033)

8. Dynamical printer fonts: HOW?

9. Digital patch availability. Was: (Q: Site for patch UCXECO6

10. ?= Install patch vms731_sys_v0300 > v0200 and ACRTL_v010.

11. DECwindows hang when using Multinet and VMS patch