1. VMS 6.1 DEBUGGER DECwindows interface (DW-Motif 1.2, Motif 1.2.)
O/S: VMS 6.1
Box: VAXstation 3100
App: DEBUGGER DECwindows interface
I changed the font in the source window so I could see more code.
The font I chose is the same as I use on my terminal:
Now I think I can see almost all of my normal 132-column code line without
using the horizontal scroll-bar, and I can see more lines, too. The font
change was a good idea for me.
And the breakpoint boxes on the left have scaled down in size too. The boxes
line up with each code line, as they should.
But the big arrow on the left that says 'you are here' is still big. With the
font I've chosen, the arrow seems to point to a spot in the code window that
is right between 2 code lines.
If I think about it, I can tell which line the arrow is really supposed to be
pointing to. But I don't always think when I have a nice display.
Is there a way I can get the arrow to scale the way the breakpoint boxes have?
Or am I stuck using the monstrous font so the arrow lines up properly?
I took another look at the VMSDEBUG.DAT resourcefile and couldn't find
I don't really like waiting for the debugger to start up. The 6.1 version
does start faster than the old version, and it doesn't try to build 4 windows
like the old version.
But what I want it to do is this:
When I do $ SPAWN/NOWAIT DEBUG/KEEP in a parent process, I want the kept
debugger to start up happily, but start up as icons rather than windows.
Soemtimes I can put a ".InitialState: 3" resource in the file. I haven't
tried this yet.
What I did try was collapsing the 3-paned window as soon as I saw it. The
window went away to an icon OK, but then my parent (DCL) window stated spewing
out messages about X errors from the subprocess.
Is there a way I can get the debugger to happily start up as a sub-process
with initial states of icon rather than window?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Andrew B. Sackett Voice: (905) 521-9800 Ext. 5150
Chedoke McMaster Hospitals
Hamilton, Ontario I speak only for myself. I don't know anybody
Canada else well enough to speak for them.
2. stop password & exspired vscan
3. DECterm problem under OpenVMS 7.1-1H1, DECwindows Motif 1.2-4
4. Help me pick a Video Card
5. Font problems under OpenVMS 7.1-1H1 and DECwindows Motif 1.2-4 ECO03
6. FS - Psion 3C Backlit - 175 UK Pounds
7. Bookreader on Motif 1.2-4 under OpenVMS/Alpha v6.2
8. Remotedebugging on DOS, C, Intel EX386
9. Problem with OpenVMS 6.2 Alpha and DECwindows Motif 1.2-3
10. OpenVMS 6.2/Motif 1.2-3 problem
11. where is java2 (1.2) for OpenVMS?
12. OpenVms AXP 1.0 & DEC C 1.2 *.h files
13. OpenGL 1.2 on OpenVMS/Alpha