can IDRAW (from InterViews) be made to work on VAX Ultrix or VMS?

can IDRAW (from InterViews) be made to work on VAX Ultrix or VMS?

Post by Michael Lev » Thu, 22 Jul 1993 22:00:51

     I have just found out that there is a program called idraw, which
is a postscript editor. That sounds great. Can it be made to compile
and run on either a VaxStation II running Ultrix 4.2 or a VaxStation
3100 running VMS, if both of these machines have just DecWindows (no
extra MIT stuff)? If anyone has done this, and/or knows how to do

Mike Levin

Post by Godada S » Sat, 24 Jul 1993 00:11:45

>     I have just found out that there is a program called idraw, which
>is a postscript editor. That sounds great. Can it be made to compile
>and run on either a VaxStation II running Ultrix 4.2 or a VaxStation
>3100 running VMS, if both of these machines have just DecWindows (no
>extra MIT stuff)? If anyone has done this, and/or knows how to do

>Mike Levin

Haven't been reading this news group for a while, forgive me if I sound
novice.
From the Intervews-3.1 tree, I see file iv-ultrix.cf, which indicates that
Interviews/Unidraw/Idraw can be built on Ultrix.
I do not see anything related to VMS. I need to build Interviews/Unidraw on
VMS too. If anybody has experience in porting Interviews/Unidraw to VMS or
know the pointer to VMS version Interviews/Unidraw, please kindly educate me.

Post by Mark Saveni » Sat, 24 Jul 1993 00:54:49

(Michael Levin) writes:
> I have just found out that there is a program called idraw, which
> is a postscript editor. That sounds great. Can it be made to compile
> and run on either a VaxStation II running Ultrix 4.2 or a VaxStation
> 3100 running VMS, if both of these machines have just DecWindows (no
> extra MIT stuff)? If anyone has done this, and/or knows how to do

At nic.funet.fi in directory /pub/vms/decwindows there is an idraw
save_set with executable version of idraw. Not the most recent version
however, but quite useable. For Ultrix things should be easier, but
I cannot give any advise on that.

--
                                  __  __
                                 //| / //            //

can IDRAW (from InterViews) be made to work on VAX Ultrix or VMS?

Post by barcz.. » Sat, 24 Jul 1993 04:05:48

One thing you should know is idraw is a drawing editor and it saves its
files in a postscript compatible format (so it can be printed) but it doesn't
edit postscript from other programs. It expects the postscript to be in
its own format, meaning it can read its own files back in but not those
created by other programs. Just thought I should clarify this before you
take all the trouble to compile it if it's not what you need. :-)

Cheers,

--
Jeff Barczewski
Wright Patterson AFB, OH

"Computers are our Friends" - Jeff Ski 93

can IDRAW (from InterViews) be made to work on VAX Ultrix or VMS?

Post by Jiangeng S » Wed, 28 Jul 1993 04:11:52

On the Decstion running ultrix 4.3,  interveviews can be compiled with
gcc-2.4.4 and run beautifully.

j.g.

1. help VMS -> Ultrix Ultrix -> VMS

Hello
I am going to try and explain because I am not sure if words will help.
I am running a standalone uVAXII with 5.5-2 and UCX 1.3. I also have a
VAXstation 2000 running Ultrix 4.4 without DECnet. I would like the
2000 to talk to the uVAX. I should mention that once in a while the uVAX
becomes part of my cluster so the uVAX has DECnet on it. So thinking I wa
smart I connect the 2000 to the uVAX thru the DELQA  and the 15 pin
connector on the 2000 making sure the transmit/rec pins are switched at
one end. So then I go into UCX config and set the 2000 as
testvax 198.54.115.2 then I try to setup the 2000 doing netsetup telling
it the uVAX is abogpx 198.54.115.211. No DECnet just direct connect. Well
on the 2000 I get network is unreachable and on the uVAX remote node
is unreachable. So on netsetup install on the 2000 do I set the interface
as ln0 or do I set it as the same on the uVAX. When I do a show interface
on the uVAX from UCX it shows qe0 as I set it. Does this make sense??
Any help would be nice.
phillip

2. Invisible mail!

3. Summary: POP Mail Troubles - Am I who I really say I am

4. help

5. POP Mail Troubles - Am I who I really say I am?

6. dblspace

7. backup VMS->Ultrix and restore - does it work ?

8. RFD: comp.databases.object

9. Shared LAT printing between VMS and Ultrix does not work

10. Making Perl work with CSWS

11. Stream/fixed file conversion--can FILE be used in a canned DCL procedure?

12. Making a QMS1060 works ...

13. making FDDI work