WATCH.MAR --- Got the AXP Version???

Post by Carl C » Fri, 05 Feb 1999 04:00:00

I have the VAX Watch.mar for monitoring others terminals. Works great for
helping those
people that are fair away and they just don't tell you EXACTLY what they
type <grin>.

Has anyone see a version of the converted to Alpha OpenVMS??? If so, where
can I obtain
said copy. I could spend a few days and convert it from VAX Macro to AXP
Macro but figured
someone may have already done this (and why reinvent the wheel).

TIA,
Carl

<grin>)

Post by Peter LANGSTOEG » Fri, 05 Feb 1999 04:00:00

>I have the VAX Watch.mar for monitoring others terminals. Works great for
>helping those
>people that are fair away and they just don't tell you EXACTLY what they
>type <grin>.

Not exactly what you want, but GETCMD (ftp.wku.edu) is a good start.

And I'm still looking for WATCH, too...

Peter "EPLAN" LANGSTOEGER           Tel.    +43 1 81111-2651
Network and OpenVMS system manager  Fax.    +43 1 81111-888

<<< KAPSCH AG  Wagenseilgasse 1     PSImail PSI%(0232)281001141::EPLAN
A-1121 VIENNA  AUSTRIA              "I'm not a pessimist, I'm a realist"
"VMS is today what Microsoft wants Windows NT V8.0 to be!" Compaq, 22-Sep-1998

Post by Hunter Goatle » Sat, 06 Feb 1999 04:00:00

>I have the VAX Watch.mar for monitoring others terminals. Works great for
>helping those
>people that are fair away and they just don't tell you EXACTLY what they
>type <grin>.

>Has anyone see a version of the converted to Alpha OpenVMS??? If so, where
>can I obtain
>said copy. I could spend a few days and convert it from VAX Macro to AXP
>Macro but figured
>someone may have already done this (and why reinvent the wheel).

It would take more than a conversion to Alpha MACRO to make WATCH work
on Alpha.

Hunter
------

Post by Roger Iv » Tue, 09 Feb 1999 04:00:00

>Has anyone see a version of the converted to Alpha OpenVMS??? If so, where
>can I obtain
>said copy. I could spend a few days and convert it from VAX Macro to AXP
>Macro but figured
>someone may have already done this (and why reinvent the wheel).

It's not exactly WATCH for Alpha, but I did a device driver a while
ago that inserts itself between the class and port drivers of a terminal
line, allowing you to see incoming data. There are a bunch of
limitations (only one line can be WATCHed, you can't inject data into
the terminal line, etc.). See http://cc.usu.edu/~ivie/ and click on the
WATCH-like utility for Alpha/VMS link.
--
Roger Ivie
TeraGlobal Communications Corporation

phoneto:(435)787-0555
faxto:(435)787-0516

1. Any copyright restrictions on WATCH.MAR?

I recently ftp'd a copy of WATCH.MAR (terminal i/o intercept program)
but it was bereft of any information regarding author, conditions for
copying and use, etc.

I would like to use this program in the course of my business but I
obviously wish to respect any copyright restrictions.

Can anyone advise please?

TVMIA,
Bernard
--
Bernard Rushton                     | "Any sufficiently advanced technology
Billericay, Essex, UK               |  is indistinguishable from magic".

------------------------------------+---------------------------------------

2. ReadNotify Weekly Digital signature summary publication for week ending Sun, 21 Apr 2002 01:00:01 GMT

3. A small modification to WATCH.MAR

4. Temporarily adding a Windows 2000 Domain Controller to an NT Network

5. Auto Reply from Watch_Mail for 5-MAR-1997 00:00 to 5-MAR-1997 10:00

6. Q. Define an attribute in a simpleType

7. INFO-VAX Digest - 9 Mar 2001 to 10 Mar 2001

8. Palm Pilot VS Palm III

9. X25PRTSMB.MAR print symbiont - migration problems (VAX-AXP)

10. Version of WATCH to run under VMS 6.*

11. Help!! Is there an Alpha version of WATCH?

12. WATCH or SUPERVISOR for OVMS AXP V6.1

13. WATCH / SUPERVISOR for OpenVMS AXP