UCX : can NFS client choose to mount over tcp or udp depending upon the NFS server ?

UCX : can NFS client choose to mount over tcp or udp depending upon the NFS server ?

Post by Michèle Mage » Sun, 14 Oct 2001 02:24:23

Hello !

This question relates to tcp/ip services for openVMS Version 5.0A eco
3 or 5.1

The VMS system is configured as NFS client.
The associated NFS servers may provide NFS services over TCP or UDP.

Is there a way for a user of the VMS NFS client system to use some
file systems over UDP and some other file systems over TCP at the same
time ? This would produce the equivalent of unix 'mount -o tcp' or
'mount proto=tcp' commands .

Thanks in advance and best regards , Michle

UCX : can NFS client choose to mount over tcp or udp depending upon the NFS server ?

Post by Matt Muggeridg » Tue, 16 Oct 2001 10:02:05

Quote:> Is there a way for a user of the VMS NFS client system to use some
> file systems over UDP and some other file systems over TCP at the same
> time ?

In short... no.

In V5.1 the NFS Server was upgraded to support NFSV3 and you can connect to
it using TCP or UDP.  However, the NFS Client was not modified and as yet
does not support connections over TCP.

Matt.

Quote:> Hello !

> This question relates to tcp/ip services for openVMS Version 5.0A eco
> 3 or 5.1

> The VMS system is configured as NFS client.
> The associated NFS servers may provide NFS services over TCP or UDP.

> Is there a way for a user of the VMS NFS client system to use some
> file systems over UDP and some other file systems over TCP at the same
> time ? This would produce the equivalent of unix 'mount -o tcp' or
> 'mount proto=tcp' commands .

> Thanks in advance and best regards , Michle

UCX : can NFS client choose to mount over tcp or udp depending upon the NFS server ?

Post by Michèle Mage » Tue, 16 Oct 2001 23:41:17

Hi Matt,

Thank you very much for answering.
BTW, will this feature (NFS Client over TCP and/or UDP) be part of a
future version ?

Best regards, Michle.

UCX : can NFS client choose to mount over tcp or udp depending upon the NFS server ?

Post by Matt Muggeridg » Fri, 19 Oct 2001 07:00:01

Hi Michle,

It's on the list, but no dates as yet.  If you need an official answer then
please contact our product manager ( send me mail and I'll provide contact
details).

Cheers,
Matt.

Quote:> Hi Matt,