RE : Clustering Question

Post by w.. » Sat, 06 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Hello,

at first we have two system disks, but what you say is not correct.
The executables are different. that's right. But the filesystem is the same.
if you are able to create two VMS$COMMON (e.g. VAX$COMMON, AXP$COMMON) and
you are able to to setup the system logicals (SYS$COMMON, SYS$ROOT ...)
and the directories (through SET FILE/ENTER=SYS$SYSDEVICE:[SYSA]SYSCOMMON.DIR
AXP$COMMON) correct and at the right time, it should be possible to have only
one systemdisk. But AFAIK you have to change STARTUP.COM and that should you
never do that!!!!!!
Also, there could be some side efects which make it impossible to do so.

Regards R. Wingert

1. add node in DSSI cluster question

I have my DSSI cluster up and running.  One node, "A", a 4000/106A and
a quorum disk, $2$dia0.  I want to add the next member, node "B", a
second
4000/106A.  I ran "cluster_config" and it created a "sys1" directory.

On node B the system disk is DIB0.  How do I boot node B?  If I just do
"boot dib0" will it try to boot from the sys0 directory?

Thanks
Robert

2. What is file ACADBTN.DLL for?

3. Another DSSI cluster question.

4. Fiber Pull

5. DSSI VAX cluster questions

6. FAQ - What is SimTel? (last revised 950311)

7. Basic Clustering question

8. Some questions C++ Builder

9. cluster questions

10. Cluster Question