SSH2 and X11 tunnel

Post by Wolfgang Angenend » Sat, 21 Jun 2003 17:22:03

Hello all,

I've installed OpenVMS 7.3, TCP/IP 5.3 and the SSH for OpenVMS (EAK).

The help of the SSH command said, that I should be able to forward X11
connections with
the "+x" options, but it doesn't work. In the config files SSH2_CONFIG
and SSHD2_CONFIG
the "ForwardX11" and "AllowX11Forwarding" are both set to "yes".

Is this option only an annoucement for the next release?

Thanks,
Wolfgang

--
Wolfgang Angenendt                        Tel: (0208) 306 2132
Max-Planck-Institut fr Kohlenforschung   Fax: (0208) 306 2981

Kaiser-Wilhelm-Platz 1
45470 Mlheim an der Ruhr

SSH2 and X11 tunnel

Post by Carl Karch » Sat, 21 Jun 2003 23:22:54

->I've installed OpenVMS 7.3, TCP/IP 5.3 and the SSH for OpenVMS (EAK).
->
->The help of the SSH command said, that I should be able to forward X11=20
->connections with the "+x" options, but it doesn't work. In the config
->files SSH2_CONFIG and SSHD2_CONFIG the "ForwardX11" and
->"AllowX11Forwarding" are both set to "yes".

The response from Leo Demers of HP on March 13 was:

   Port Forwarding did not make it into the EAK and it's functionality
   targeted at the SSH that ships with TCP/IP services for OpenVMS 5.4
   that will ship with 7.3-2.

See (will wrap):

  http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&th=737978...

for the previous thread.

You can order the 7.3-2 field test kit for $46 (us). See:

  http://h71000.www7.hp.com/openvms/732sdk.html

--
-- Carl Karcher, Waisman Computing Services, Waisman Center, UW-Madison

1. SSH2 under VMS?

Is anyone aware of a VMS port of ssh-2.4.0 or openssh-2.3.0p1?  Both these
packages implement SSH2.  A web search turns up nothing.

I am aware of the separate SSH1 client/server packages, but these do not
include sftp.  Our Computation Facility is disabling Telnet and FTP at the
end of this month and requiring all connections to be made via ssh and
sftp.  Since I am unaware of a SSH2 implementation for VMS, that leaves
my group up a certain creek without a certain instrument.

I would prefer official support for SSH2 to be built into TCPIP.  I
hear rumors that this is being considered/worked on.  Any idea of
timescales?

Gareth V. Williams, MS 18, 60 Garden Street, Cambridge, MA 02138, U.S.A.
Associate Director, IAU Minor Planet Center

OpenVMS & RISC OS: refined choices in operating systems

2. Rocky Mountain Portal Seminar "The Por tal Investment – Five Steps to Success"

3. SSH2 ON VMS?

4. USS messages

5. PuTTY and SSH2 on OpenVMS - Not

6. Ports and TS

7. Bridging/tunneling/routing LAVC

8. publishing erases some of my js code

9. Decnet Phase IV and IP Tunneling

10. IP tunnelling over X.25?

11. Tunneling DECnet over IP

12. Tunneling IPX over IP

13. DECwindows X11 display server: creating visuals