Need Help

Post by Emad Ragy Anwa » Thu, 31 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Hello All,

  Can anybody tell me what is the command to use on a VMS machine to see
the login history of the users.
I want to know what is equivalent in VMS to "last" command in unix
system.

Please email me direct .... Thanks in advance

-- Emad

Need Help

Post by Hoff Hoffm » Thu, 31 Dec 1998 04:00:00

  Please consider picking a relevent subject line, otherwise your
  request for help -- most folks are either posting requests for
  help, or answering them -- will be far less likely to be noticed
  by those that know the answer.  Generic titles tend to get ignored.

:  Can anybody tell me what is the command to use on a VMS machine to see
:the login history of the users.

  Accounting and auditing are the typical tools.  The commands
  HELP ACCOUNTING and HELP ANALYZE/AUDIT should get you going,
  and the accounting and auditing documentation should finish
  the job.

:I want to know what is equivalent in VMS to "last" command in unix
:system.

  It might be better to describe what you want to do, in addition
  to referencing a command on another system -- if someone is not
  familar with the command (such as my unfamiliarity with "last"),
  the additional information in the problem statement can sometimes
  allow someone to answer the question.

  Also please consider mentioning the OpenVMS version and platform,
  as there can be differening options, depending on these factors.

:Please email me direct .... Thanks in advance

  Ask here, get an answer here.

 -------------------------- pure personal opinion ---------------------------

  note to those folks not contributing spam -- there is no ZZ in my address

Need Help

Post by Richard D. Piccar » Tue, 05 Jan 1999 04:00:00

> Hello All,

>   Can anybody tell me what is the command to use on a VMS machine to see
> the login history of the users.
> I want to know what is equivalent in VMS to "last" command in unix
> system.

> Please email me direct .... Thanks in advance

> -- Emad

If you only want to know the most recent successful login date and
time, then AUTHORIZE will tell you, if you have enough privileges.

As Hoff said, ACCOUNTING will give you a more complete summary.

                                 RDP

* Piccard                           Academic Technology Manager

http://www.veryComputer.com/~piccard/                Ohio University

1. HELP: OpenVMS Newbie needs help!!!

HELP!!!

Here's the deal...

I have a nice AlphaPC 164 system with 256 MEG RAM, UltraSCSI hard drives
and controller and Hobbyist OpenVMS v7.2 with all the patches.

I'm going to use this as my local UseNet news server using the DNEWS
package (http://www.netwin.com/) for Alpha.

The software is great, easy to use, but it keeps crashing.  It keeps
crashing out telling me that it can't allocate enough memory when it
tried to rebuild it's database index or expire news articles.

The exact message is...

26 02:03:28  :error: Memory exceeded USER1:[SRC.DNEWS]DB.C;61:5979,
141248 bytes, total 19788014

I've played with the quotas in the user account the program is run out
of and I've tried just about everything I dare to try.

The documentation says that it's a virtual memory hog and I THOUGHT that
I knew what to change to solve this, but I guess not.

I would appreciate any help with this as I'm new to all of this and any
suggestion pointg me in the right direction would help.

2. Prob: Terminal behaves erratically

3. HELP: I need help with a disk quota problem...

4. Foreign Companies in the US

5. Grumble. Help needs help; so do I

6. SGI graphics Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

7. HELP: Need Help With DEC Document And PS files...

8. FS:HD Brackets

9. need help with VMS, please someone help me

10. Grumble. HELP needs help; so do I

11. Grumble. Help needs help; so do I

12. need help with VAX 4000-100A

13. Need help pricing used VAX equipment