Download service for VMS and Tru64 layered products

Post by Barry Treahy, Jr » Sun, 22 Jun 2003 08:13:37

>As a result of the feedback from comp.os.vms they have decided to allow FTP
>access to the kits.

>there are 2 ways to do this..

>1) via FTP command level etc  (browsing is allowed)

What is the ACLABS.COM domain all about?

Registrant:
Ajilon LLC (IQXNOYSLCD)
   40 Simon St.
   Nashua, NH 03060
   US

Barry

--

Barry Treahy, Jr  *  Midwest Microwave  *  Vice President & CIO

Download service for VMS and Tru64 layered products

Post by warren sande » Wed, 25 Jun 2003 00:40:47

They are the folks that run the service for us. They have folks that used to
be part of digital (software testing and release group). They still do the
same work for us. they had the infrastucture to do the distributions (they
have the db of who gets what software product libraries etc). So they admin
the site for us. I guess it was easier to use their site in hp brand than
get a hp license plate (would you what h28382.www4.hp.com?)

-warren

> >As a result of the feedback from comp.os.vms they have decided to allow
FTP
> >access to the kits.

> >there are 2 ways to do this..

> >1) via FTP command level etc  (browsing is allowed)

> What is the ACLABS.COM domain all about?

> Registrant:
> Ajilon LLC (IQXNOYSLCD)
>    40 Simon St.
>    Nashua, NH 03060
>    US

> Barry

> --

> Barry Treahy, Jr  *  Midwest Microwave  *  Vice President & CIO

1. Download service for VMS and Tru64 layered products

I've just received my latest set of consolidated software release CDs
June 2003 - suprised me a bit I'm not used to them arriving so quickly.

There is an interesting announcement leaflet in the packet :-

"Announcing a Web Download for the Software library"

Apparently each quarter they will be sending their Consolidated distribution
service customers a username and password to access a site from which they can
download any of the layered products.

According to the leaflet the username and password will remain in effect long
enough to provide early access to the next quarter's release.

Now all they need is to give this access to all the registered hobbyist's
rather than to those who already have the software since they purchased the
CDs.

David Webb
VMS and Unix team leader
CCSS
Middlesex University

2. Dual boot question - is this correct please

3. Snapshot Services is a Layered Product :-(

4. Problems after IP change

5. Help!! VMSINSTAL / PRODUCT and layered products

6. word as email editor

7. Layered Products for open VMS 7.2-1

8. Cardinal 288I Flash Rom Upgrade

9. Error rates in VMS and layered products source code ?

10. Vms "layered products" updates

11. Need layered product list for VMS 7.1

12. Finding Patch Level of VMS and various layered products

13. Help re layered products and VMS 6.1