Vax/VMS nfs client using UCX to SUN Solaris server...

Vax/VMS nfs client using UCX to SUN Solaris server...

Post by Derek fag » Wed, 20 May 1998 04:00:00

We had a similar problem which we resolved with adding the
/data=(1024,1024) to the mount command on the VMS box.

After a number of UCX upgrades, and a Solaris upgrade we no longer need
it, but I'm afraid I could not tell you at what stage we didn't require
it.

Derek...

1. Vax/VMS nfs client using UCX to SUN Solaris server...

All,
    I'm attempting to nfs mount a sun solaris (5.5.1)  filesystem on a VMS
(6.2) system using UCX (3.3) with some minor success.

    Using:

    UCX mount dnfs1: /host="sunhost" /path="/export/vaxspace"/system

I'm able to create directories, copy files, edit files on the nfs directory,
but when I try to access certain files (direct access),  the process hangs,
unable to even control-y out until I actually dismount the nfs device.   Has
anyone else use their VAX as a nfs client using UCX?   Is there a FAQ?

thanks
sbinyon

2. Wanted in UK: Amiga games

3. Q: UCX NFS Client and Multinet NFS Server w/ NFS group defined

4. SUN Performance Measurement

5. UCX : can NFS client choose to mount over tcp or udp depending upon the NFS server ?

6. Caller ID in the United Kingdom

7. Help required - Configure NFS server (VMS) and NFS Client (Unix/NT)

8. Email for a group of subdomains

9. VMS-Solaris NFS problem (cannot read files from Solaris)

10. NFS Client using UCX

11. UCX/NFS Server pb with Mac client

12. UCX NFS client to a UNIX server

13. Multinet, NFS and Sun Solaris