Mixing Alphas and PCs on KVM switch

Post by Tom Linde » Wed, 17 Apr 2002 02:01:24

I put two PWS500au and two W2K servers on a Linksys 4 port
KVM switch, but the control key doesn't function properly when
passing through the switch, connected to either of the Alphas,
e.g. ^M doesn't generate carriage return.

The PWS's are running 7.1-2 and 7.3 and they both respond
the same.  Mouse and Video seem OK.  When I disconnect Keyboard from
switch and connect directly into either PWS, it works as expected.

The control key seems to work correctly on the W2K boxes when passing
through the switch.

I am using a Digital KB, LK97W-A2, which I guess is PS/2 compatibile.

Anybody else experience this?

Mixing Alphas and PCs on KVM switch

Post by Ray » Fri, 19 Apr 2002 09:27:31

Hi Tom,

I've heard that some KVM switches do not like the Alpha, but that
Cybex KVM switches do.  I use a Cybex as you describe with no problem.

Ray