New Digital RTU Product

Post by Bruce Alle » Thu, 17 Apr 1997 04:00:00

I suggest that Digital start selling OpenVMS under the name
Digital RTU for real-time UNIX. The POSIX shell would be the default
on boot. Most UNIX weenies would never know! Digital RTU would offer
an easy path to OpenVMS and VAX/VMS customers wanting to move from that
"old and dying" operating system to the "new and advanced" UNIX. Digital
RTU would of course have VMS native mode emulation built in allowing easy
porting!
Digital RTU would be able to offer a distributed lock manger (just like
OpenVMS) and best of all real clusters (not to mention a real file system)!

What's in a name?

Bruce Allen

The following comments are not my own.
They all belong to Rush Limbaugh -- so sue him!
I'm just a mind numbed robot.

The only true upgrade path for UNIX is a sledge hammer! --then buy VMS.
I regret to report that the UNIX virus is pandemic!
Ever notice the UFO sitings have gone way down since UNIX was created.
The Independence Day movie aliens used UNIX.

1. VAX/VMS v5.5-2 Product - "Digital Security Gate" - what is the upgrade path

Hi,

I have a VAX/VMS system with OpenVMS v5.5-2 running the Digital
Security Gate v1.1 firewall software. Does anyone know where I might
find more information on this product, and if there is an upgrade
path, or what is the equivalent product on OpenVMS Alpha ?

$ NSG
NSG >

Thanks
Andrew

2. mail forwarding

3. Best DIGITAL product ever?

4. viewing criticla updates

5. OpenVMS and Digital Networking Products Group

6. How to get Dial-Up Window

7. We sell Digital Products

8. Pine 4.53 [OS X] and Message Index Display

9. Looking for info about old Digital products (Y2K)

10. Digital do not trusts in its own products

11. Will Digital drop VMS from product line??

12. Digital And Touch Technologies Announce Product, Service Partnership