Preferred controller for external narrow SCSI devices (DS10)

Preferred controller for external narrow SCSI devices (DS10)

Post by Rich Jord » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 03:09:28

We're looking at a DS10 to replace an MV3100-86 system.  The customer
uses a TSZ05 tabletop magtape drive, and that device needs to be
operable with the DS10 as well.  It is a 50-pin centronic connected
narrow SCSI unit.

We've spec'd the DS10 with a KZPCA controller for the internal disks
and DAT tape drive.  We need a second controller for the external
drive.  Is there any preference (other than price) between a KZPCA and
a KZPBA for this usage?  Should the cables or adapters to connect the
narrow drive be relatively easy to get?

The KZPAA is not listed as a supported option for DS10s, apparently,
or I'd use one of those with cables we have on hand.

Thanks for any info.

Rich Jordan
CCS

1. Narrow compatible SCSI controller for OpenVMS...

Anybody have an recommendations?  I still have a bunch of narrow
devices that I don't want to throw away.  Are there any PCI OpenVMS
compatible controllers out there for OpenVMS?  Preferably not costing
an arm and a leg?

TIA

Dick Munroe
--

Cottage Software Works, Inc.    (O) 978 815 1622
PMB 361                         (F) 617 489 0328

2. Sony MAvica 2500 digital camera

3. Mixing Narrow and Ultra-wide SCSI devices

4. Why does DnD of a string not work into NotePad?

5. How to shut off the on-board external SCSI controller?

6. HELP: audio.device and timer.device interaction

7. Storageworks and external SCSI devices

8. Faxing from WinME using Win2k as server?

9. DS10 and SCSI Devices

10. qbus scsi controllers and esdi controllers

11. preferred network controller

12. identifying wide and narrow SCSI drives