Why Andrew Harrison? was: Re: Why VMS?

Post by Shane.F.Sm.. » Tue, 16 Feb 1999 04:00:00

cc:
Subject:  Why Andrew Harrison? was: Re: Why VMS?

><SNIP>
>> Now, here is this "IT Architect" in the UK who posts
>> daily to Usenet, and almost exclusively to comp.os.vms
>> and comp.sys.dec.  I've checked Dejanews.  The small
><SNIP>
>> -Jordan Henderson

><sarcasm>
>Usenet reader uncovers SUN's stealth spamming techniques. Film at 11.
></sarcasm>

>Perhaps "Boycott Island Computer" should be retitled "Boycott Sun
>Microsystems"... :)

>Until soon...
>Ed Wensell III

Nah, we just change the way we quote what he said, to give it better
context. Eg:

 #####   ---------------------------------------------------------------

#  L  #  ---------------------------------------------------------------
 #===#   Don't blame HealthNet for anything I say. They're innocent.
  ###    Bob Palmer for C.E.O of Microsoft!

Post by David L. Cathe » Tue, 16 Feb 1999 04:00:00

> Nah, we just change the way we quote what he said, to give it better
> context. Eg:

        Actually, if I made the switch to Unix, why would I go to Sun?
I'll do (actually, am doing) Linux:

        It's much cheaper.
        It speaks DECnet.
        It has a growing number of Apps (Oracle, etc...).
        It runs very well on my Alphas (or whatever else I can
                manage to scrape up, including a Sparc).

        To be fair, I'd much rather run Solaris than NT, though...

Montagar Software Concepts           |Fone: (972)-578-5036
P. O. Box 260772, Plano, TX 75026    |http://www.montagar.com
Postmaster, Hostmaster, Webmaster    |http://www.whiteice.com

Post by Wayne W. Scot » Wed, 17 Feb 1999 04:00:00

> > Nah, we just change the way we quote what he said, to give it better
> > context. Eg:

>         Actually, if I made the switch to Unix, why would I go to Sun?
> I'll do (actually, am doing) Linux:

>         It's much cheaper.
>         It speaks DECnet.

Linux speaks DECnet?  Awesome!  Who added that and when?

Wayne

Post by sre.. » Wed, 17 Feb 1999 04:00:00

>> Nah, we just change the way we quote what he said, to give it better
>> context. Eg:

>    Actually, if I made the switch to Unix, why would I go to Sun?
>I'll do (actually, am doing) Linux:

>    It's much cheaper.
>    It speaks DECnet.
>    It has a growing number of Apps (Oracle, etc...).
>    It runs very well on my Alphas (or whatever else I can
>         manage to scrape up, including a Sparc).

>    To be fair, I'd much rather run Solaris than NT, though...

But that doesn't say much David - I think I'd rather put lighted matches
under my fingernails rather than NT for everything.........
(Unfortunately though, the NT PeeCee on my desk has been sitting here for
three weeks and one day and hasn't, erm, "shutdown unexpectedly" yet.  It
does only run Lotus Notes for most of it's keep though which is an IBM
application after all.........)

Steve.

Post by Oswald Knopper » Wed, 17 Feb 1999 04:00:00

> Linux speaks DECnet?  Awesome!  Who added that and when?

See http://linux.dreamtime.org/decnet

Haven't tried it myself (so far)...

Regards,

Oswald

1. Why Andrew Harrison? Was Re: Why VMS?

cc:

Typical Andrew, he's economical with the truth, then blames others for
reading what he wrote as if it's supposed to be accurate.

Incidentally, I wonder if the people at this bank who sign his timesheets
know how much of their time he spends working for Sun Marketing, reading
and posting propaganda to this newsgroup? I find myself wondering if this
bank posting even exists. Why would a bank need a Sun marketing person?

Shane

 #####   ---------------------------------------------------------------

#  L  #  ---------------------------------------------------------------
 #===#   Don't blame HealthNet for anything I say. They're innocent.
  ###    Bob Palmer for C.E.O of Microsoft!

2. on which switch and switch-port is the attached workstation

3. GASP!!! Steve agrees with Andrew / Re: Why VMS?

4. Problem in sending email from ASP.Net and Mdaemon mail server

5. DECnet for Linux (was: Re: Why Andrew Harris ..... )

6. I have an Epson-LQ-510

7. Why am I not getting $PROCESS_SCAN expanded correctly ?

8. Amiga International

9. OT: Andrew Harrison : Alive & Still At SUN

10. A help message to Andrew Harrison.

11. Non-OpenVMS question (to Andrew Harrison)

12. Where from, Andrew Harrison, was Re: Y2K on UNIX, Year 2038? (was Re: Why...)

13. VMS Security Challenge; Was: Why VMS?