POP server of OVMS

Post by dmil.. » Sat, 09 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Quote:> I'm trying to find a POP server which could run
> on both mentionned OS.
> Any suggestions ?

This is the FTP Batch file I used ...

$ set def [.pop]
$ ftp ftp.indiana.edu
login anonymous

cd /pub/vms/iupop3/v1.8
mget *.*
quit
$exit

//----------\|/------\\    Dave Miller.
||      /\  -X-      ||    Professor, Computer Science.
||     /  \ /|/\     ||

||   /      \    \   ||
||  /________\____\  ||    1500 Birchmont Dr. NE
||      ||    ||     ||    Bemidji State University
\\------||    -------//    Bemidji MN, 56601

1. Web server and smtp/pop server

OSU is a very good web server, and it's free.  As for SMTP/POP, MX does
not have a POP server.  All of the TCP/IP stacks for VMS (TCPware,
Multinet, Attachemate, and UCX) come with SMTP and POP servers.  The
next release of TCPware will also include an IMAP server.

--

Mark Levy, Computer Consultant
OpenVMS, MS-Windows, MAC/OS, Networks

2. FS: SUN PARTS

3. POP Client for VMSmail (not POP Mail client for VMS)

4. Getting GUSMAX to work under OS/2

5. Mail/POP server for VMS

6. This morning we have . . .

7. POP Server and/or TCP strange problem

8. Any good experiences w/ Aisys' DriveWay?

9. Formal security advisory now issued for POP server security issue

10. TCPIP 5.1 POP Server glitch

11. How to trace pop server attacks ?

12. POP server on tcpip5.1

13. HELP, Is anyone using VMS as internet SMTP/POP server via UCX