Simulatenously transferring a 1GB file from VMS to two Windows 2k servers servers servers

Simulatenously transferring a 1GB file from VMS to two Windows 2k servers servers servers

Post by Fabio Cardos » Fri, 13 Jun 2003 07:51:05

Well

There is a lack of command:

$ COPY/PARALLEL a b,c
$ BACKUP/PARALLEL a /TO=(b,c)

May be using Oracle RDB HotStandby or Volume Shadow APIs ....

Wake up Fabio ! You are not a Soft. Engineer !

Regards

FC

Quote:> re: 2 files transfeered simultaneously

> 1- are the two wintel machines using the same VMS username to access the file
> at the same time ?

> 2-Consider defining a few logicals to better trace/log the transfers:

> To log transactions or remote users doing FTP on your system:

> $DEFINE/SYSTEM TCPIP$FTPD_LOG_CLIENT_ACTIVITY TRUE

> This will result in the SYS$LOGIN:TCPIP$FTP_SERVER.LOG files containing
> details of transactions. In your case, you should make sure that each PC
> generates its own file (eg: that VMS sees this as two separate transfers,
> instead of a single transfer).

> Here is an example output:
> FTP Login request received at Sat Feb 15 01:41:00 2003
> from remote IPv6 address 0:0:0:0:0:ffff:10.0.0.13 port 1988
> UserAlias:jfmezei  UserName:jfmezei
> ProcName:TCPIP$FTPC0005F  AnonUser:0  MultiLine:1

> (10.0.0.13,1989) (160250 bytes)

=====
http://calendar.yahoo.com

1. Simulatenously transferring a 1GB file from VMS to two Windows 2k servers

Hi All,

Okay. I've never logged onto a VMS box, I know nothing about the
architecture or I/O functionality, but I'm working on a team that is
taking 1 large VMS file, about 1 GB, and transferring it
simultaneously to two different Windows 2K Advanced Servers through
FTP. I was wondering if anybody knew of a problem this might cause.
The results of the transfer are two files with different file sizes!
The differences are large with one server having 550mbs and the other
server having 450mbs. It looks to me that it is splitting the file
into two chunks, but I'm not sure (it's a graphic).

Does anybody know about a situation like this?

Thanks so much.

R/Joel

2. How can I clean up child processes?

3. Windows 2000 Server drops off the network after upgrading Advanced Server

4. SCSI to USB or Firewire adaptors?

5. Looking for an NFS Server for Windows NT 4, 2000, and 2003 Server

6. HELP, I DON'T WANT TO ABANDON OS/2 !!!

7. Replacing VMS PW server with NT server suggestions

8. An RPC problem

9. File transfer to Novell server

10. Detecting client disconnects from UCX/TCP server by Server

11. Advanced server: Adding local groups rights on member server.

12. How to configure an NTP server for a DTSS server

13. using sql server in pascal to access nt server database