VAX - VMS license transfer

Post by Barry Treahy, Jr » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 06:29:34

>>>How does a person go about transferring a commercial use VAX - VMS
>>>license to a PC running VAX emulation software?

>>>If it is possible what are the costs and ordering procedures?

>>There is a web page describing it, that should be accessible via
>>http://www.openvms.compaq.com/ .

>Thanks but the only related thing I could find there was:
>http://h71000.www7.hp.com/openvms/sri-charon-vax-emulator.html

>There was nothing for any other VAX emulators.

I do not believe any of the 'other' emulators have passed the suite of
actual HP hardware diagnostics, as Charon has, so HP most likely doesn't
view them as machines acceptable to run VMS, let alone transfer licenses
too for commercial purposes...

Barry

--

Barry Treahy, Jr  *  Midwest Microwave  *  Vice President & CIO

1. VAX - VMS license transfer

How does a person go about transferring a commercial use VAX - VMS
license to a PC running VAX emulation software?

If it is possible what are the costs and ordering procedures?

Thanks
Dan

PS:   If this has been addressed recently please accept my appologies
as I have been off the list for a while.

2. Can I use Notes 4.5 to read internet mail ?

3. VMS license transfer

4. Metric read out.......

5. VMS License Transfers?

6. HELP!!! Problem with CDROM :-(

7. VMS Cluster license deletes VMS User Licence

8. Emacs under Win95 gets confused about HOME dir

9. License question: How can I tell if a license if Vax or Alpha

10. Is it possible to transfer Concurrent User license?

11. Transferring licenses?

12. file corruption in vax>pc>vax transfer?

13. VAX/VMS and WRQ file transfer