Non-Chinese computer hardware

Post by Islan » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 20:26:36

Walmart, Compaq,HP IBM, Sun the list is endless.

Anyhow, the reason for my post is the question:  What Computer hardware is
NOT made in China ?
I guess even Intel is guilty of export of technology production, maybe not
in mainland China but close enough.

Comments ?

--
David B Turner
Island Computers US Corporation

http://www.hpaq.net

Post by Hans Vlem » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 17:59:02

> Walmart, Compaq,HP IBM, Sun the list is endless.

> Anyhow, the reason for my post is the question:  What Computer hardware is
> NOT made in China ?
> I guess even Intel is guilty of export of technology production, maybe not
> in mainland China but close enough.

> Comments ?

> --
> David B Turner
> Island Computers US Corporation
> 2700 Gregory St., Suite 180
> Savannah GA 31404
> Tel: 912 447 6622
> Fax: 912 201 0402

> http://www.hpaq.net

David,

what kind of comment do you expect? 20 years ago Japan was a low-wages
country and that role is now taken by China. Wait another decade and mass
market manufacturing ends up in Cuba, Nigeria. The complexity of
manufacturing computer equipment is similar to manufacturing Barbie dolls
and McDonalds toys. May be done anywhere on the planet.

Hans