Any ISP on VMS?

Post by Peter Weave » Sun, 22 Jun 2003 02:50:29

Because of some new work I will be doing I need to setup a
small web site for myself. Since I'm a VMS type guy I would
rather find a ISP who can host my site on a VMS system. I
recall seeing someone post here before that their company does
this but every key word I can think of has too many hits on
Google.

Is there anyone out there who can host a (currently small)
commercial site on a VMS machine. The site name will be in the
.CA domain, and I would prefer dealing with a Canadian site
just to make billings, payments and budgets easier, but that
is not 100% necessary.

Thanks.

--
Peter Weaver
Weaver Consulting Services Inc.

Any ISP on VMS?

Post by Larry Kilgall » Sun, 22 Jun 2003 03:10:26

Quote:> Because of some new work I will be doing I need to setup a
> small web site for myself. Since I'm a VMS type guy I would
> rather find a ISP who can host my site on a VMS system. I
> recall seeing someone post here before that their company does
> this but every key word I can think of has too many hits on
> Google.

At least one company that formerly offered VMS web-hosting and was
mentioned in comp.os.vms for that capability no longer does so after
a buyout.

Quote:> Is there anyone out there who can host a (currently small)
> commercial site on a VMS machine. The site name will be in the
> .CA domain, and I would prefer dealing with a Canadian site
> just to make billings, payments and budgets easier, but that
> is not 100% necessary.

But it was not in Canada, and being in a state touching the border
does not help on financial issues :-)

Any ISP on VMS?

Post by Colin Butche » Sun, 22 Jun 2003 03:14:10

Try www.eurokom.ie based in Eire (Republic of Ireland). Pre*ly e-mail
services, but also does web hosting. VMS based. Tom Wade is their technical
director.

--
Hope this helps. Cheers, Colin.

Any ISP on VMS?

Post by Larry Schuld » Sun, 22 Jun 2003 03:49:24

Bill Farmer, the guy who markets the weatherduck in the US, also runs

or (800) 854-0180.

larry
--
To reply by e-mail, be polite. Rudeness will get you nowhere.

Any ISP on VMS?

Post by Ruslan R. Laishe » Sun, 22 Jun 2003 03:45:07

Hi Peter,

        www.dls.net - is a site powered by OpenVMS.

> Because of some new work I will be doing I need to setup a
> small web site for myself. Since I'm a VMS type guy I would
> rather find a ISP who can host my site on a VMS system. I
> recall seeing someone post here before that their company does
> this but every key word I can think of has too many hits on
> Google.

> Is there anyone out there who can host a (currently small)
> commercial site on a VMS machine. The site name will be in the
> .CA domain, and I would prefer dealing with a Canadian site
> just to make billings, payments and budgets easier, but that
> is not 100% necessary.

> Thanks.

> --
> Peter Weaver
> Weaver Consulting Services Inc.
> Serving Southern Ontario/Western New York

--
Cheers, Ruslan.
+---------------------pure personal opinion------------------------+

Any ISP on VMS?

Post by Peter Weave » Sun, 22 Jun 2003 04:06:31

> Because of some new work I will be doing I need to setup a
> small web site for myself. Since I'm a VMS type guy I would
> rather find a ISP who can host my site on a VMS system. I

Wow, that was fast. Thanks to ALL of the responses both in the
newsgroup and via e-mail. I'm working out the details with one
person, but I'll keep the other names around if this falls
through.

--

Post by JF Meze » Sun, 22 Jun 2003 04:20:47

> Because of some new work I will be doing I need to setup a
> small web site for myself.

Have you considered hosting it yourself ? The smaller ISPs (such as ISTOP ) do
allow servers and don't block ports etc, and you can get a fixed IP address
for something like $4 extra per month. (compared to the huge ripoffs from the
big guys like bell who think they can milk all commercial customers for all
their money simply because they are commercial).

I've been with istop for about 1.5 months now, and I have slowly updated my
web server's config and will start to dust off my web pages and grow my site,
now that I can host it directly. (heck, i could do yours, depending on how
much traffic you need, how much software etc, but it is on a VAX, not an alpha).

Any ISP on VMS?

Post by Ruslan R. Laishe » Sun, 22 Jun 2003 04:46:21

www.iron.net
www.endor.com

> Because of some new work I will be doing I need to setup a
> small web site for myself. Since I'm a VMS type guy I would
> rather find a ISP who can host my site on a VMS system. I
> recall seeing someone post here before that their company does
> this but every key word I can think of has too many hits on
> Google.

> Is there anyone out there who can host a (currently small)
> commercial site on a VMS machine. The site name will be in the
> .CA domain, and I would prefer dealing with a Canadian site
> just to make billings, payments and budgets easier, but that
> is not 100% necessary.

> Thanks.

> --
> Peter Weaver
> Weaver Consulting Services Inc.
> Serving Southern Ontario/Western New York

--
Cheers, Ruslan.
+---------------------pure personal opinion------------------------+
              Mobile: +7 (812) 116-3222/NMT/IMT-MC
    TKD (WTF) in Russia, St.-Petersburg - www.TaeKwonDo-WTF.SPb.RU
                 http://starlet.spb.ru/~laishev/

Any ISP on VMS?

Post by Carlc Internet Service » Sun, 22 Jun 2003 05:03:16

Yes... I DO... AND I'm in the USA.... We have Alpha powered
OpenVMS and Linux boxes running. Long live OpenVMS on 64bit!

Check out http://www.carlc.com/

Carl

--
====================
http://www.carlc.com/

      "Price, Performance, Quality. Choose any two you like."

Post by David Frobl » Sun, 22 Jun 2003 06:50:17

> Because of some new work I will be doing I need to setup a
> small web site for myself. Since I'm a VMS type guy I would
> rather find a ISP who can host my site on a VMS system. I
> recall seeing someone post here before that their company does
> this but every key word I can think of has too many hits on
> Google.

> Is there anyone out there who can host a (currently small)
> commercial site on a VMS machine. The site name will be in the
> .CA domain, and I would prefer dealing with a Canadian site
> just to make billings, payments and budgets easier, but that
> is not 100% necessary.

> Thanks.

> --
> Peter Weaver
> Weaver Consulting Services Inc.
> Serving Southern Ontario/Western New York

If he's still in that business, Mark Levy.

Dave

--
David Froble                       Tel: 724-529-0450
Dave Froble Enterprises, Inc.      Fax: 724-529-0596

T-Soft, Inc.  170 Grimplin Road  Vanderbilt, PA  15486

Any ISP on VMS?

Post by David J. Dachter » Sun, 22 Jun 2003 12:20:02

> > Because of some new work I will be doing I need to setup a
> > small web site for myself. Since I'm a VMS type guy I would
> > rather find a ISP who can host my site on a VMS system. I
> > recall seeing someone post here before that their company does
> > this but every key word I can think of has too many hits on
> > Google.

> > Is there anyone out there who can host a (currently small)
> > commercial site on a VMS machine. The site name will be in the
> > .CA domain, and I would prefer dealing with a Canadian site
> > just to make billings, payments and budgets easier, but that
> > is not 100% necessary.

> > Thanks.

> > --
> > Peter Weaver
> > Weaver Consulting Services Inc.
> > Serving Southern Ontario/Western New York

> If he's still in that business, Mark Levy.

Mark sold FSInet to DLS some time back after an unfortunate event.

--
David J. Dachtera
dba DJE Systems

http://www.djesys.com/vms/soho/

Any ISP on VMS?

Post by Larry Kilgall » Sun, 22 Jun 2003 19:37:46

Quote:>> If he's still in that business, Mark Levy.

> Mark sold FSInet to DLS some time back after an unfortunate event.

Said event being no fault of Mark's and having nothing to do with computers.

Any ISP on VMS?

Post by Mark E. Lev » Tue, 24 Jun 2003 22:02:02

> >> If he's still in that business, Mark Levy.

> > Mark sold FSInet to DLS some time back after an unfortunate event.

> Said event being no fault of Mark's and having nothing to do with

computers.

Thanks for the support, guys.

Mark

Any ISP on VMS?

Post by dool » Wed, 25 Jun 2003 11:32:59

> Because of some new work I will be doing I need to setup a
> small web site for myself. Since I'm a VMS type guy I would
> rather find a ISP who can host my site on a VMS system. I
> recall seeing someone post here before that their company does
> this but every key word I can think of has too many hits on
> Google.

> Is there anyone out there who can host a (currently small)
> commercial site on a VMS machine. The site name will be in the
> .CA domain, and I would prefer dealing with a Canadian site
> just to make billings, payments and budgets easier, but that
> is not 100% necessary.

When you open your Australian office, try
http://www.sysworks.com.au/
Phil

1. VMS ISP?

Are there any ISPs that use VMS?  (Global, national, or local)

If not, why not?  Is there something about VMS that puts it at a
disadvantage compared to others?  Initial cost might be a
disadvantage, but are there technical reasons?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. High resolution power spectrum code

3. How to make VMS dialout to ISP?

4. backing up on cd

5. VMS ISPs?

6. MAPI & VB only working on some machines

7. Telework: PC-ISP-VMS

8. Gadgetto 10 January 1999 Portland Oregon

9. Send mail bypassing ISP's SMTP server.

10. Can UCX Dial an ISP ?

11. UK ISPs and uVAXen

12. jpg files, Netscape 3.03 and mail forwarding from ISPs

13. MicroVAX 3100/30 to connect to ISP